PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

madtreed is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MOGUL owner NOW Equipped with the TOUCH PRO..REVIEW AND QUESTIONS! HELP!

Hey guys, Ive had the Mogul since it came out, and decided to take the plunge and grab the new Touch Pro. So far so good BUT.... A few things that bother me with this new device, and hope you guys can enlighten me with some quick fixes...On the mogul when you received a text message or email it would instantly pop up on the screen and show you a preview of it, then you can go ahead and click to view it if you wanted to. Can this not be done on the touch pro? I looked at all the settings and cannot see anything to enable this feature. Also is there anyway to edit or take off certain menus in the Touchflo screen. Example take off the Sprint Music player tab, i won't use it and its annoying because i sometimes accidently click on it..And my last question but not least does anyone know if we can use the mogul charger for thie touch pro device, or will it cause problems? Overall the only BAD experience so far is the keyboard lag, when I open my keyboard and start to type a text message it lags so bad its horrible. I dont have anything else open (program wise) so I see no reason why its struggling and lagging, does anyone else have this major issue it happens alot. And on the mogul we could turn off the keyboard backlight so the keyboard light would always be on if you slide it open in the dark you can always see, can this be done on the Touch Pro I dont see anything for options regarding a backlight for the keyboard, it doesnt stay on long at all! Why doesnt the battery metter indicate a percentage, the mogul did and was great giving us a better idea. Can this be change settings wise? Its ridiculous we need to hack it if needed to make it show a percentage lol. I have not soft reset this device yet, and other than that have no problems. Also My Sprint Navigation works great, I saw some people had problems but none here...

Last edited by madtreed; 11-06-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:42 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne
Re: MOGUL owner NOW Equipped with the TOUCH PRO..REVIEW AND QUESTIONS! HELP!

honestly, all these questions have been answered, and could have been found with a search.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

mmhmm enough people have this phone its getting rediculous for everyone to post that they have one. Yay another person has the phone..
Old 11-06-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

Can you remove tabs in TF3D? Yes you can. DiamondTweak (v0.5.3) is the application I use
Use the Mogul USB charger? Yup, works just fine and it is safe for the device
Keyboard light? Download nuePower/Backlight CPL (google nuePower) there is an option in there to change the backlight timing for keyboard.
Text message notifications? Yes it can be done, but I don't know the registry key to enable it off the top of my head.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Ill chime in on the text message question.

Go to Settings > Personal > Sounds & Notifications. Then go to Notifications tab. Scroll to Messaging:New text message, and check the "Display message on screen".

Last edited by aznmode; 11-06-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

madtreed is a n00b

Thanks guys for the fast response, and Yes i used the search but not all the answers i found were very clear and to the point. Thanks again guys!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro