PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

speck is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Oil Slick appearance under fluorescent lighting on the touch pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
...I just have a sneaking suspicion that it's screen protectors applied wet that cause it.
You could be right. I don't use a screen protector anymore - the screen seems much 'cleaner' without one, and I don't find the 'slick' as bad (although I can tell humidity does affect the appearance of a 'slick'). I also think the screen is a lot 'sturdier' than most people give it credit for - as long as you are careful. I don't put the phone in my pocket or bag unless it's in a case, and I have no problems with scratches.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:30 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speck View Post
You could be right. I don't use a screen protector anymore - the screen seems much 'cleaner' without one, and I don't find the 'slick' as bad (although I can tell humidity does affect the appearance of a 'slick'). I also think the screen is a lot 'sturdier' than most people give it credit for - as long as you are careful. I don't put the phone in my pocket or bag unless it's in a case, and I have no problems with scratches.
My phone is in my pocket a large majority of the time. I don't have a case to carry around, and for convenience sake, that would end up in my pocket anyway We all know the TP is already big enough.

I find the screen protector cheap insurance. It's easy to peel off and replace if something happens to it. The protector on it now has a pretty deep nick in it - something which would permanently deface the screen had the protector not been on there. No clue what caused it, as I've been extremely good to this phone, but it did show up.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 6.1

bishaudio is a n00b

ya i can see this one spot in the middle of my phone if i look at the phone at an angle. If i touch the screen the liquid moves to where i touched while the middle of the liquid stays put. idk what it is or if what i just said made any sense at all haha
Old 01-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

tealdub is a n00b

my tp2 is the same way. verizon said they wouldnt replace it because it had water damage. the little water indicator was red. the woman at the store said I must have used it in the shower. turns out it was the moisture coming from the can of compressed air I used to clean the dust out from under the battery cover.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

huwah2 is a n00b

sprint has replaced 4 moguls, 3 touches, and 2 touch pros for this exact problem. had the manager at my local store tell me it was water damage and not covered, one call to tech support and one to CS and I had a new phone in the mail the next day and the store had a new manager the next week. this is a serious, known issue with multiple HTC touchscreen phones and you should not have any problems getting your phone replaced.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre baby!

z28marols1 is keeping up the good workz28marols1 is keeping up the good work

Hmm canned air is moisture free unless you turn it upside down or at a sharp angle. Hence the reasoning behind using canned air on electronics instead of an air compressor. I have heard of ambient moisture in the air in certain parts of the coutry actually activating the moisture sensor. If you live in one of these regions I would recommend arguing that point with your carrier to get it taken care of. Also, I would think if you had water damage to the point of having moisture under the screen chances are there would be other things wrong with your phone as well. Just sayin...
Old 01-15-2010, 11:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: VZW

tealdub is a n00b

verizon customer service is terrible. I think I am just going to send it to HTC for repair. I am going to ask them if they can put on a new digitizer that doesnt have the verizon logo on top.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro