PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 10:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

tygger is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Charging Battery to 100%

I've had the battery percentage indicator on my phone for a few days now. Last night, I noticed my phone was fully charged to 100% and the battery icon switched from charging to the battery meter. It didn't catch my attention that it stopped charging and I kept it plugged in over night. This morning, I woke up to a 94% charge.

I was using the charger that came with the phone. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm positive it was plugged in securely.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work
Re: Charging Battery to 100%

I can't speak for the precentage indicator, I don't use it. But the battery does need to be conditioned in order to get it to charge to 100%. To do this, run the battery down until the phone shuts off by itself. Then charge it up to full. You may have to do this a couple of times before you get it to show 100%. Once you do this, you should be all set.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:48 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I never had to do that with mine, that's weird.

Mine goes to 100% and stays there.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tygger is a n00b

I should've clarified... I've had my phone for amost a week now and this was the first time it's done that. Now that I'm thinking about it, the only thing that's changed prior to last night was that I installed a new alarm because the one that comes with the phone sux. It might have something to do with that... will test again tonight.

I thought lithium ion batteries had no memory effect... ?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygger View Post
I should've clarified... I've had my phone for amost a week now and this was the first time it's done that. Now that I'm thinking about it, the only thing that's changed prior to last night was that I installed a new alarm because the one that comes with the phone sux.

I thought lithium ion batteries had no memory effect... ?
They don't have a memory effect, however, every few months or so, you need to "calibrate" the battery to achieve more accurate readings on battery life by the device. To do this, you drain it down until it dies, then charge it back to 100%. This doesn't enhance your battery life though. It only calibrates it.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tygger is a n00b

I had two Pros yesterday, both with the Batti battery meter installed. On one, I charged it until it was full. I noticed that once the phone gets a full charge, it switches off the "charging" status to using the battery. Looked at it this morning (after at least 6hrs charge) and the battery was at 92%.

On my phone, I used it until the battery died. I charged it overnight for at least 6hrs. When I looked at my battery meter this morning, it was also at 92%.

I used a TP charger for one and a Blackberry charger for the other.

Why is the phone automatically cutting of the charge once it reaches a fully charged state and am I the only one noticing this?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

I have noticed similar problems getting to 100%. The second I unplug my TP in the morning the battery percentage drops from 100 to anywhere from 97-94% almost instantly. Anyone else noticing this problem?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tygger is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
I have noticed similar problems getting to 100%. The second I unplug my TP in the morning the battery percentage drops from 100 to anywhere from 97-94% almost instantly. Anyone else noticing this problem?
What battery meter are you using?

Im charging my phone again right now to see what happens. I'm trying to see if it will stop charging automatically and switch to battery power once it reaches full status.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mjodotcom is just getting started

I am using the single digit percentage meter that is linked too on the Touch Pro Essentials sticky thread.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tygger is a n00b

Yup, I'm using the same one. I have it on the charger now and it just finished charging because the "Charge" icon swithced to the "Battery" status icon.

If you go to Settings, System, Power... After the text "Battery Power Remaining," it would say "Charging" when plugged in. The words "Charging" go away after it's fully charged while still plugged in. ?????

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro