PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rihavens is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Killed It!

So yesterday out of the blue we decided to take my friends Jeep rock crawling and swimming in the lake. There is an offroad park about an hour from here. Well between the BIG bumps knocking the phone to the floor, the phone going under the seats when winching up a hill, and the water coming in when we where snorkling I killed my Touch Pro. I removed the battery and bought a bag of popcorn at the local gas station and drove home. I plugged the battery in and powered it on and to my amazement it came on. I thought I was home free until the next morning when the screen failed to come on. I took the phone to BB, (removed the lithinus paper) and told them the phone worked last night and does not this morning. (He no lies here.) They are overnighting a phone to me and I will have my replacement tomorrow free of charge.

All in all I am glad it was taken care of. I think my friend is one who came out the worst off, frying $900 worth of amps and losing a center cap of his wheels.

But we had a blast!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: I Killed It!

So you lied and screwed Sprint/BB out of a Touch Pro, instead of carrying insurance like you should be, and paying the $50 that you fairly owed?

It's people like you who do this (then convince yourself you didn't lie on a technicality) who make it harder for others with legit problems to get taken care of.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I hate people who cheat the system like this. Part of me hopes that they find water damage upon closer inspection, and bill you for it.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Baffles; 11-06-2008 at 02:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

I figured I would get someone who feels the needs to judge other people.

Let me ask you, where you actually refered by a friend or family member for SERO or did you just cheat the system.

Hmmmmmm...

And I do have insurance, and I have paid them for two and a half years to be told that the TP was backordered and they could only assure me it would take less then 30 days to get to me. Sorry, this was not what I paid them money for. So yes, I did find a work around after I was screwed by trying to do this the right way.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero

pyroz is just getting started

screw the big companys. i like it. good job. (serious)
Old 11-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Why would you take a 600+ dollar device on a trip where you take the car into water and offroading.....sounds pretty dumb to me. I wont ride your *** for getting the replacement, because I would have done the same if my phone was busted, however I do think it was pretty poor judgement to take the phone with you in the first place.

For the record, I got my touch pro from best buy for 202.00 without being eligible for the upgrade somehow...I have no idea how I did it, but they offered it to me at that price and happily took it. Think what you want. I DO pay for TEP through Sprint.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-06-2008, 02:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

And besides, we can logically say that the water damage was the cause of the failure, but the phone was DRY and working fine until this morning when it locked up and never came back. At this point I dont know WHAT caused the problem with everyone running into defective phones. Yes, I was having the standard problems with mine that everyone else is having so sooner or later I would have been getting another TP. So did I screw ANYONE, thats not for me to decide. But I feel no guilt.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsimon1979 View Post
Why would you take a 600+ dollar device on a trip where you take the car into water and offroading.....sounds pretty dumb to me. I wont ride your *** for getting the replacement, because I would have done the same if my phone was busted, however I do think it was pretty poor judgement to take the phone with you in the first place.

For the record, I got my touch pro from best buy for 202.00 without being eligible for the upgrade somehow...I have no idea how I did it, but they offered it to me at that price and happily took it. Think what you want. I DO pay for TEP through Sprint.
Simply speaking we wanted to record the adventure. I was doing fine until a 5 foot wide creek turned out to be 5 feet deep and I had to jump from the pasanger window to swim to the front to the winch, in the process forgetting to find my phone and make sure the water coming in under the door was not ruining it.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

I'm not here to judge morality issues. My opinion is that the OP should have just kept this info to himself/herself and not shared it. That just avoids any controversy and flaming that ensues.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rihavens is a n00b

I am not worried, people can flame all they want. On a side note anyone want photos?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
I'm not here to judge morality issues. My opinion is that the OP should have just kept this info to himself/herself and not shared it. That just avoids any controversy and flaming that ensues.

Ya.. I agree. We all have situaTIONS LIKE HIS. Personally .. i would have used Asurion. Plus its really Sprint fault for not detecting the water damage.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro