PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Best way to apply screen protector (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43371)

mxl180 11-06-2008 01:12 AM

Best way to apply screen protector

Correct me if i'm wrong. I haven't seen anyone mentioned this and since not many phones comes with a screen protector.

Apply some water on the protector before placing it on the phone. Water will allow easy placement and zero bubbles.

banzaiwolfe 11-06-2008 02:04 AM

Re: Best way to apply screen protector

Someone suggested applying it in a steamy room, that worked for me.

deviant.ones 11-06-2008 02:09 AM

I tried numerous ways to apply the stock protector on 3 diff TP's and I gave up, used a modified 6800 InvisibleShield protector from my old mogul, works great.

subiegsr 11-06-2008 02:15 AM

I like the way bodyguardz.com does it. I watch two of my friends put them on their iphones. The screen protectors comes with an application spray, which is diluted with water and baby shampoo. This will allow you to move the screen protector around while its still wet for the perfect fit. Seems to work well and none of them have bubbles. Hopefully they're make some for the tp soon!

porcaccio 11-06-2008 06:02 AM

Actually the way that worked for me, after trying to do it the regular way three times...

I washed the thing in soap and water, then applied it while still fairly wet with the soapy solution. I pushed out as much water as possible, but still had a few small bubbles where the water hadn't dried yet. Took two days for the moisture to go away completely, but I have no bubbles under the screen protector now. I've used bodyguardz before, so I pretty much followed the same system as I had with that product, but used the supplied screen protector.

subiegsr 11-06-2008 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by porcaccio (Post 500417)
Actually the way that worked for me, after trying to do it the regular way three times...

I washed the thing in soap and water, then applied it while still fairly wet with the soapy solution. I pushed out as much water as possible, but still had a few small bubbles where the water hadn't dried yet. Took two days for the moisture to go away completely, but I have no bubbles under the screen protector now. I've used bodyguardz before, so I pretty much followed the same system as I had with that product, but used the supplied screen protector.

nice, what did you use to pushed the water out?

sn0b0ard 11-06-2008 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
First off, start from the top of the phone and apply it to the bottom. Start from the top end of the screen protector sheet (the end with the speaker cutout) with the top of your Touch Pro screen. Carefully pry one of the edges up and evenly pull a quarter of an inch of screen protector film from the sheet. Carefully apply the sticky side of screen protector film to the top quarter inch of the phone, making sure that any sides are not overlapping. Use a downward-slightly forward motion with the screen protector sheet. This will force the screen protector film onto the Touch Pro screen, and will minimize, if not eliminate the risk of bubbles. Continue this motion until you have the screen protector applied to the phone. It's kind of hard to explain, so I made a diagram attachment.

Lukas718 11-06-2008 10:12 AM

I did fallowing twice on two different TPs and they look perfect - no dust or air bubbles

here's how I did it

I went to bathroom and let the hot water run until my mirror steamed up
then I went in and pulled of factory screen protector from my TPs

I made sure the screen was clean

then I started to apply new screen protector - I did it from the bottom of my TP - I tried from the top but always at the end came out uneven.

When applying make sure u move slowly and make sure you're even on both sides

Cicatrize 11-06-2008 10:17 AM

You shouldn't be getting bubbles when applying a static protector of this size. I only got a bubble once when a piece of fuzz got in between the protector and the screen when re-applying it. Other than that, it's always been a smooth placement.

jason25 11-06-2008 10:25 AM

I do it the steamy bathroom way. Shut the door in your bathroom and run a hot shower or I just run the hot water in the sink while I am wiping the screen clean with a microfiber cloth. I leave the water on until I am done. I start up by the speaker because there isn't as much tolerance around that.