PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 and HTC HERO...TECHNO JUNKIE!!!
Carrier: Sprint

STILLSPRINTIN is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best way to apply screen protector

Wouldn't applying a wet screen or steam from the sink cause the water strip to change colors? Also will a microfiber cloth placed on the sticky side cause the litter strands to lift off?
Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think they need to be submersed to change colors. I only clean the screen with the microfiber cloth since the protector should already be clean.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Epic

In The Office is a n00b

I have actually had great success by literally dipping my pro first into a bowl of cleaning solution (commercial grade is probably best) then vigorously washing off all the solution by submerging the pro under a fully open faucet.

This seems to temper the screen and soften it up in a way which allows the screen protector to more readily adhere to the glass surface.

I then place the pro into my freezer in order to allow any random drops of water to freeze so that I may then crack them off before I enter the final,and most important, facet of the protector placement.

In the final phase, I heat up the screen - and just the screen; it is CRUCIAL that you avoid the D-pad - with an acetylene torch. This must be done with some care; too heavy a hand will cause charring to the screen and that ought to be avoided. Once the pro screen is heated up just the right amount, you should very quickly peel off the back of the protector, and just slap the damned thing onto the phone. (BTW, I have had pretty good success with the slapping part by doing it while blindfolded.) Once you slap it on, just move it into place, being careful not to burn your fingers, as the screen may still be hot from your use of the torch.

That's the way I do it, although I admit it's a shortcut, and you might want to use more care than I've set forth here.

Good luck.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Office View Post
I have actually had great success by literally dipping my pro first into a bowl of cleaning solution (commercial grade is probably best) then vigorously washing off all the solution by submerging the pro under a fully open faucet.

This seems to temper the screen and soften it up in a way which allows the screen protector to more readily adhere to the glass surface.

I then place the pro into my freezer in order to allow any random drops of water to freeze so that I may then crack them off before I enter the final,and most important, facet of the protector placement.

In the final phase, I heat up the screen - and just the screen; it is CRUCIAL that you avoid the D-pad - with an acetylene torch. This must be done with some care; too heavy a hand will cause charring to the screen and that ought to be avoided. Once the pro screen is heated up just the right amount, you should very quickly peel off the back of the protector, and just slap the damned thing onto the phone. (BTW, I have had pretty good success with the slapping part by doing it while blindfolded.) Once you slap it on, just move it into place, being careful not to burn your fingers, as the screen may still be hot from your use of the torch.

That's the way I do it, although I admit it's a shortcut, and you might want to use more care than I've set forth here.

Good luck.
that was the method I used to use, but I lost some functionality afterwords
Old 11-06-2008, 12:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pvelliqtc is a n00b

Quote:

Good luck.

This is the best step-by-step method I've heard!! I think I'll roll with this one!!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

whurst630 is a n00b

I just my my Touch Pro and I did not see a screen protector packaged in the box. Do they come with a screen protector from the factory?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero

pyroz is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by whurst630 View Post
I just my my Touch Pro and I did not see a screen protector packaged in the box. Do they come with a screen protector from the factory?
its in the bag with the manual.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul

tsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good worktsperez is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Good luck.
This is pretty much what I do but before applying the protector on the screen I run the phone through a planer (the kind used to even heads and engine blocks) so as to have it as flat as possible. I then use a plunge router to take about 0.05 mm off the molding around the face of the screen to give me that little extra room to play around with. Then, using two laser levels, I simply drop on the protector and use a hydraulic press to squeeze any water/air out of it.

Works for me.
tsp
PS: I would take photos but my phone is in for service.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Haha, you guys are too much.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

peejayek is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0b0ard View Post
First off, start from the top of the phone and apply it to the bottom. Start from the top end of the screen protector sheet (the end with the speaker cutout) with the top of your Touch Pro screen. Carefully pry one of the edges up and evenly pull a quarter of an inch of screen protector film from the sheet. Carefully apply the sticky side of screen protector film to the top quarter inch of the phone, making sure that any sides are not overlapping. Use a downward-slightly forward motion with the screen protector sheet. This will force the screen protector film onto the Touch Pro screen, and will minimize, if not eliminate the risk of bubbles. Continue this motion until you have the screen protector applied to the phone. It's kind of hard to explain, so I made a diagram attachment.
actually, im a sales rep at sprint and put a million of theses things on.. you have the right idea but you want to start from the bottom and work your way up. reason being is that it will be a strait edge. in other words. if you start from the bottom. line up the corners of the screen protector with the corner of the screen. peel back a quarter of and inch and i use a credit card to smooth out the air bubbles as i peel back more and more of the screen protector.. if you start from the top. you might not put the screen proitectore on perfectly strait which means when yo uget to the bottom, it will slightly overlap the home or back button. if you start from the bottom and line up the corners, it will fit perfictly all the way up to the speaker.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro