PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best way to apply screen protector

Correct me if i'm wrong. I haven't seen anyone mentioned this and since not many phones comes with a screen protector.

Apply some water on the protector before placing it on the phone. Water will allow easy placement and zero bubbles.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe
Re: Best way to apply screen protector

Someone suggested applying it in a steamy room, that worked for me.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried numerous ways to apply the stock protector on 3 diff TP's and I gave up, used a modified 6800 InvisibleShield protector from my old mogul, works great.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:15 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

subiegsr is a n00b

I like the way bodyguardz.com does it. I watch two of my friends put them on their iphones. The screen protectors comes with an application spray, which is diluted with water and baby shampoo. This will allow you to move the screen protector around while its still wet for the perfect fit. Seems to work well and none of them have bubbles. Hopefully they're make some for the tp soon!

Last edited by subiegsr; 11-06-2008 at 02:21 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Spint PCS

porcaccio is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to porcaccio Send a message via MSN to porcaccio Send a message via Yahoo to porcaccio

Actually the way that worked for me, after trying to do it the regular way three times...

I washed the thing in soap and water, then applied it while still fairly wet with the soapy solution. I pushed out as much water as possible, but still had a few small bubbles where the water hadn't dried yet. Took two days for the moisture to go away completely, but I have no bubbles under the screen protector now. I've used bodyguardz before, so I pretty much followed the same system as I had with that product, but used the supplied screen protector.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

subiegsr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcaccio View Post
Actually the way that worked for me, after trying to do it the regular way three times...

I washed the thing in soap and water, then applied it while still fairly wet with the soapy solution. I pushed out as much water as possible, but still had a few small bubbles where the water hadn't dried yet. Took two days for the moisture to go away completely, but I have no bubbles under the screen protector now. I've used bodyguardz before, so I pretty much followed the same system as I had with that product, but used the supplied screen protector.
nice, what did you use to pushed the water out?
Old 11-06-2008, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

First off, start from the top of the phone and apply it to the bottom. Start from the top end of the screen protector sheet (the end with the speaker cutout) with the top of your Touch Pro screen. Carefully pry one of the edges up and evenly pull a quarter of an inch of screen protector film from the sheet. Carefully apply the sticky side of screen protector film to the top quarter inch of the phone, making sure that any sides are not overlapping. Use a downward-slightly forward motion with the screen protector sheet. This will force the screen protector film onto the Touch Pro screen, and will minimize, if not eliminate the risk of bubbles. Continue this motion until you have the screen protector applied to the phone. It's kind of hard to explain, so I made a diagram attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg applyscreenprotector.JPG (18.3 KB, 121 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sn0b0ard; 11-06-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Lukas718 is keeping up the good workLukas718 is keeping up the good work

I did fallowing twice on two different TPs and they look perfect - no dust or air bubbles

here's how I did it

I went to bathroom and let the hot water run until my mirror steamed up
then I went in and pulled of factory screen protector from my TPs

I made sure the screen was clean

then I started to apply new screen protector - I did it from the bottom of my TP - I tried from the top but always at the end came out uneven.

When applying make sure u move slowly and make sure you're even on both sides
Old 11-06-2008, 10:17 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

You shouldn't be getting bubbles when applying a static protector of this size. I only got a bubble once when a piece of fuzz got in between the protector and the screen when re-applying it. Other than that, it's always been a smooth placement.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I do it the steamy bathroom way. Shut the door in your bathroom and run a hot shower or I just run the hot water in the sink while I am wiping the screen clean with a microfiber cloth. I leave the water on until I am done. I start up by the speaker because there isn't as much tolerance around that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro