PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mjodotcom is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Using ASR

Evening everyone. Well I finally got around to pairing my bluetooth headset to the TP tonight and I seem to be having some problems using the Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) abilities. From what I can tell via the instruction manual, activating the microphone should present the user with some voiced selections over the headset. However, it seems that the software is only hearing what I am saying (which actually half the time it seems to miss that as well, commands such as "What time is it" yield no response on the phone) but I am not getting any vocal feedback on the headset. If I go into a call, I can hear audio - so my question is: is the ASR functionality supposed to communicate with you via the headset or is the interface purely visual with the screen? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Re: Using ASR

ASR? What headset did you get? To my knowledge that's not supported BT profile. For windows mobile you simply enable Voice Command (under settings) and you go from there with simply hands free profile.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ASR is how the instruction manual refers to using the built in voice command programming with the TP. What I am wondering is whether or not I something isn't working right since I am not hearing any command prompts via the headset when attempting to use the software. For the record, I am using a Plantronics Discovery 925 BT headset.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

go into bluetooth settings and add the device again and when it finds it what profiles do you see? Whatever is listed there make sure to enable. Then go into settings and select voice command and also make sure it's enabled.Then soft reset. Finally, when you hit the button on the headset listen for the voice command prompt before saying a command. If nothing comes up then we'll try other troubleshooting options.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

When I add the device it shows up as 9xxPlantronics (as the headset instructions say it should). The voice command functionality has been selected and after a soft reset still no luck =(. When I hold the device down until I hear the single tone to activate voice dialing, the microphone shows up on the top of the TP and I can speak into it - however, I am not receiving any type of voice prompt. Its just silent and after a second of me not saying anything the mic turns off. Whats next to try? =)
Old 11-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
When I add the device it shows up as 9xxPlantronics (as the headset instructions say it should). The voice command functionality has been selected and after a soft reset still no luck =(. When I hold the device down until I hear the single tone to activate voice dialing, the microphone shows up on the top of the TP and I can speak into it - however, I am not receiving any type of voice prompt. Its just silent and after a second of me not saying anything the mic turns off. Whats next to try? =)
There is no voice prompt, it's just a chime at which point you speak in the commands. Try speaking commands in it and see what happens.

You might also try holding down on the headset button and see if that does anything.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Ok well thats a relief! I also noticed that when a call comes in and I answer it by touching the screen that the audio goes to the phone and not the headset even though the headset is connected. Is this a built-in feature? It's weird because if I make a call through the phone the audio starts on the headset. Thanks for your help thus far!
Old 11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjodotcom View Post
Ok well thats a relief! I also noticed that when a call comes in and I answer it by touching the screen that the audio goes to the phone and not the headset even though the headset is connected. Is this a built-in feature? It's weird because if I make a call through the phone the audio starts on the headset. Thanks for your help thus far!
That's normal behavior for both things you listed. Have you been able to say commands?
Old 11-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have been able to say commands, so I guess it is working right after all! I was just concerned because I upgraded from a Samsung Instinct and both of my previous phones provided voice commands when using a headset. Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited by mjodotcom; 11-05-2008 at 11:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro