PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 08:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pros from first batch at Best Buy

I'm just wondering people's general opinions of the Touch Pros they got from Best Buy the first day. I've heard some bad things, but I was wondering if that is just the minority. I got mine that day, with a build date of Oct 13th, and from what I can tell, it seems to work fine, but I've never compared it to a newer one from sprint.

TouchFlo is quick and snappy. It was a little quiet, but seems fine after the lite audio boost. Are there any other issues I should look out for in deciding whether or not to try to exchange it for a newer one?

Great site by the way, I've read probably most of the Touch Pro forum and its been a great help.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w

mjzair is a n00b
Re: Touch Pros from first batch at Best Buy

No problems at all with mine
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I thought mine was running a little slow, but I didn't have anything to compare to so it may have been normal. I haven't been running stock since the first ROM release, so I have no complaints.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

discipler is just getting started

No Problem except the data plan wasn't working for several hours. I had to call Sprint and have them walk me through process of the phone setup. It was all pretty simple, but I couldn't have done it myself. Sprint tech person was very helpful. No blips since.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

Palladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPalladium is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No problems with mine Operates well, battery life is good, build quality is good. Although the phone does draw 600+mA when the phone or EVDO radio is active

Could anyone with a non BB TP verify they see the same behavior? I Use NeuPowerCPL to monitor.

The only problem I encountered was that I needed to set up the data (BB employee byp***** all of the setup including screen calibration...)
Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

mine has been flawless.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Lurker

hamstarz is a n00b

I got mine from the first shipment at my local best buy and it has a build date of 10/12, which seems to be one of the earliest I've seen on these forums. I've had no glaring problems--the earpiece and speaker are good quality (i have no "tin" sound or low volume problems that seem to plague a lot of other users), the build quality is fine, and the battery has actually lasted me a lot longer than I thought it would. I took it off the charger at 10AM yesterday, did some light texting, web surfing, a few calls, and nine hours later at 7 o'clock it was still at 50%. So no obvious problems so far...crossing my fingers...
Old 11-05-2008, 09:58 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

I got my phone exactly 4 minutes after the UPS truck arrived at the store that Friday. My phone has been spot on and I haven't had any issues with it at all!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

slowrey is a n00b

Bought two from Best Buy on the first shipment.

Mine I had to return twice. Once because the keyboard wasn't typing correctly and didn't have the correct tactile feel and the second because the earpiece was scratchy and distorted.

My wife had to return hers once because the speakerphone quit working. It wouldn't ring but for 1 second and then shut off.

These were all 10/13-10/14 build dates on the 3 different phones. Received 2 new phones and they work perfectly.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

StakeX is becoming a great contributor

Got one on 10/24.
The earpiece audio quality was buzzy or scratchy. I'm still looking to find one with a newer build date to exchange it with.

Otherwise, the phone is fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro