PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint Calltones IS Available for Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43161)

CountryDevil 11-04-2008 11:03 PM

Sprint Calltones IS Available for Touch Pro

For those of you that like to use calltones on their phones, it looks like we can now get calltones through the Digital Lounge on your Sprint account web page. Have not found a way to order them from the phone though.

This is a long waited feature that should of been available from the get go. This is a back end function of the Sprint network and has never been device specific.

I just tested it and it DOES work.

Enjoy!!!!

Jon 11-17-2008 03:20 AM

Re: Sprint Calltones IS Available for Touch Pro

Well it only worked because Sprint hadn't updated the profiles online. Now that the site knows we have Touch Pros, the ability to use calltones has been taken away.

CountryDevil 11-17-2008 09:38 AM

WTF?!?!? This is stupid... just plain stupid!!!!!

shdwknt 11-17-2008 09:47 AM

no.. call tones are stupid.. sorry fellaz but everytime I get stuck listening to someone elses music when I call them I want to just pimp smack them.. If I wanted to jam to some music I wont be calling you.. and when I am calling you I dont want to jam to your music..

This is just another silly gimmic to get people to pay for useless crap to anoy other people with.

delawaresace 11-17-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shdwknt (Post 524426)
no.. call tones are stupid.. sorry fellaz but everytime I get stuck listening to someone elses music when I call them I want to just pimp smack them.. If I wanted to jam to some music I wont be calling you.. and when I am calling you I dont want to jam to your music..

This is just another silly gimmic to get people to pay for useless crap to anoy other people with.

although i agree with you, your statement does nothing to move this thread forward. if you have nothing constructive to say, please just move on.

the real question is why would sprint take this away when there are people willing to spend money on it? does sprint NOT want to make money?

CountryDevil 11-17-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shdwknt (Post 524426)

I don't care for them much myself. This issue here is that it is a back end function that is not device specific. But Sprint refuses to make it available for WM devices. There are some that do like them (younger crowd?) but yes it is a gimmic... it's the principal of the thing. Not if you like them or not...

shdwknt 11-17-2008 10:32 AM

Well this is like when sprint disabled sprint tv on the mogul. They did not finally turn it back on until what?? 2 months ago after they decided to end of life the device when the GPS fix came out..

Sprint cant figure out what they are doing some days.. they don't make many rational decisions with their devices..

sexipink 11-17-2008 10:48 AM

Well I am a calltone liker, if you dont wanna jam then dont call me..lol. There is a way to get calltones on WM devices though. Theres was thread up here a while ago explaining how to get calltones on the 6700. I was able to get calltones on my 6700, mogul, and now my TP. Not sure if you can set it up on your TP though cause I just saved the link in my favorites so I always have access.

I'll post the link once I find it

sexipink 11-17-2008 11:20 AM

ok heres the link to the thread for calltones originally posted by Wideawake

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3782

WorldWide 11-17-2008 11:55 AM

Calltones are still hot on the streets?