PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo-lution
Carrier: Sprint

karong is keeping up the good workkarong is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Im man enough to admit I was wrong

I got the TP the first weekend it came out in Best Buy, and I returned it a few days later because I didnt really enjoy it like i thought i would and got a Curve. I am man enough to say i was wrong and now am the happy owner of the TP again. Yes it has its issues but i can admit I did not give it enough time at first, after some tweaking and getting used to the keyboard im rather enjoying it now. Now I loved the Curve, form factor, the stability, the exposed keyboard were all great but I couldnt justify Sprints Blackberry service of $30 a month when i get powervision for free with SERO. So let me have it, tell me "i told you so" im ready lol
Old 11-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Im man enough to admit I was wrong

I TOLD YOU S..... you know what, you live you learn.

After using this phone i dont think its possible for me to use another. Even with the battery life complaints, id take this over anything else AVAILABLE to me...

*i swear, if anyone releases a touch pro hd with qwerty slide out and a profile ~ size as the touch pro, its time for me to jump ship
Old 11-04-2008, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am there with you. I get to play with all of the new cell devices. The TP is the best yet - great keyboard, super memory, love the SD and terrific display. I've even grown to like the case.

Only down side is the heat from this baby. I could roast marshmellows on the first 2. The 3rd one - direct from Sprint - is MUCH better. If you read my earlier comment, the case got so hot it discolored.

Anyway, great device.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

Its amazing how much ram makes a difference. That has been it for me. I can finally install apps and do tweaks i could never do on another Winmo device. Oh yeah and that screen cant be beat lol
Old 11-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I justgot mines a hour ago. And I am PLEASED i returned the Diamond for this. Its notmuch bigger than the diamond! I love this thing!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

themystx2 is just getting started

its definitely heavier than the diamond thats for sure.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 11-04-2008, 04:50 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Welcome back.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor

It's absolutely heavier than the Diamond. And, though it may not look it, it feels A LOT bigger in the pocket than the Diamond.

I'm not completely sure I made the best decision taking back the Diamond, but I'm stuck with it now so I hope it grows on me (Full disclosure: not coming from the Mogul, but from the Touch).
Old 11-04-2008, 05:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pierhogunn is just getting started

With the battery life complaint registered here and a couple of other places, I betcha we are only a month or 2 away from some really huge OEM battery and back combo...

2500Mah anyone?
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

There's people on both sides of the camp and valid reasons for each. You won't know for sure until you've tried each and seen for yourself the difference. That said, I've always used WM and been happy with it, so haven't had a reason to see what else is out there. Either way, welcome to the team.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro