PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Fuze-SOON

slyng1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AT&T Fuze

Does anyone have any info on when this device will hit stores. Over on XDA people are saying 11/4 but that's most likely wrong. Has anyone got anything other than "well, I called up store XYZ and so-and-so said 11/14, and they know what they're talking about"... Just a shot in the dark.

Would have bot the sprint version by now but wife has at&t and the family share plan makes just too much sense.

Anyway, I couldn't find a thread on this, is this forum for sprint only?...obviously from my post-count you can tell I've never posted here before.

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor
Re: AT&T Fuze

I wouldn't say this forum is Sprint only, but the majority here are using CDMA. So once this device rolls out to the likes of Verizon, etc. you'll see discussion relating to the CDMA variant(s) of the Touch Pro.

AT&T is GSM, so I think you'd find more relevant discussion on the XDA forums. I personally haven't heard anything further about the Fuze launch, sorry.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyng1 View Post
Does anyone have any info on when this device will hit stores. Over on XDA people are saying 11/4 but that's most likely wrong. Has anyone got anything other than "well, I called up store XYZ and so-and-so said 11/14, and they know what they're talking about"... Just a shot in the dark.

Would have bot the sprint version by now but wife has at&t and the family share plan makes just too much sense.

Anyway, I couldn't find a thread on this, is this forum for sprint only?...obviously from my post-count you can tell I've never posted here before.

I have to agree that PPC Geeks is mostly CDMA based work but you can also look at http://www.phonescoop.com/ for more informatioin, you can view by carrier which is the best way as the HTC forum over there doesn't get much traffic. I post over there as well.

Shell
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze (HTC Touch Pro)
Carrier: ATT

3DPiper is becoming a great contributor

Can't be too much longer, they are including the FUZE in the rebate card info..

-Matthew
Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

frejos is keeping up the good workfrejos is keeping up the good work

After giving up on Sprint, I decided to give the ATT Fuze a try. They are being released tomorrow in stores, but I happened to get to my local store tonight and they already had the display out and sold me one.

$350 - $50 MIR.

Chronobis - OWA Synchronization v0.7.0.13
Connects Directly to OWA
Download Appointments, Contacts, and Tasks
Visit http://www.chronobis.com for more details...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:17 AM
gmplr831

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyng1 View Post

It looks like tommorrow is the "official" launch date. I would like to see an unlocked GSM version that works here in the US, because I am just not a fan of losing the number bar across the top. I have the sprint version and use the number bar a lot and think if I had to switch, I would have a annoying learning curve from the SAME device, just on a different technology.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dajeepman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dajeepman

is spec to spec the Fuze is the same as the TP?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

ATT to me is way too expensive.

I(my wife) have Iphone 3g, 450 minutes(off peak starts at 9PM!), no texting, unlimited data which I pay about 84 bucks a month after taxes-and can't even get the insurance for the phone. Iphone is a solid phone though IMO.

Sprint on the other hand, I only pay 43 after taxes, includes insurance, for 500min/off peak starts at 7PM, unlimited data, and text.

SERO rocks as far as monthly fees goes IMO.

As for 30 day return thing goes, ATT does charge restocking fee etc, while sprint does not from what I've experienced.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 11-11-2008, 12:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

frejos is keeping up the good workfrejos is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajeepman View Post
is spec to spec the Fuze is the same as the TP?
No. The Fuze is a GSM phone, the TP is a CDMA phone. They are different technologies.

The Fuze does have an accelerometer (the Verizon version of the TP is rumored to not have one.)

The Fuze keyboard layout is different than the TP. (Although I found the number layout to me more intuitive than a number row.)

Of course the ATT bloat-ware is installed instead of the Sprint bloat-ware.

Otherwise, from what I can tell they seem to be mostly the same. I'm still digging in though (and I don't have a Sprint TP to compare to).
Old 11-11-2008, 05:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

the fuze goes on sale 11/11/08 although a few lucky people have been able to get it a day early. Now everyones waiting on Verizon to release their version

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro