PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Data Call Failure Error Code 67 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42969)

cjconover859 11-03-2008 11:09 PM

Data Call Failure Error Code 67

When trying to use my TP as a modem I received an error message. The message was "Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your pcs vision user name and/or password may be incorrent. Please try again." I installed the tethering fix and still receive the same message. Any ideas?

[sammich] 11-03-2008 11:11 PM

Re: Data Call Failure Error Code 67

Try running IOTA again. I think it's Start>Settings>System>Phone and it's somewhere in there.

Malarias Agenda 12-13-2008 10:47 PM

I had a similar problem... turns out I just hadn't paid the bill.... did you try that?

[sammich] 12-14-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarias Agenda (Post 577031)
I had a similar problem... turns out I just hadn't paid the bill.... did you try that?

:sign5:

Well, that would probably cause a few problems...

basilray 12-14-2008 07:01 PM

Yup, I forgot to pay my bill as well and had the same thing!

lmv7777 12-14-2008 07:53 PM

on the touch pro goto startmenu | settings | update profile <----- this is the new IOTA.

[sammich] 12-14-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmv7777 (Post 578451)
on the touch pro goto startmenu | settings | update profile <----- this is the new IOTA.

Ah thanks! I was wondering where it was

Krayziepop 12-15-2008 12:01 AM

I would install a registry editor, and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Comm/InternetSharing and make sure the isext.dll key is deleted. Then check under /Settings to make sure the ForceCellConnection key is either set to Sprint or just deleted. If those are both fine, then the Update Profile option should get you back on the ground and running.

skeegcpp 12-15-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjconover859 (Post 494869)
When trying to use my TP as a modem I received an error message. The message was "Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your pcs vision user name and/or password may be incorrent. Please try again." I installed the tethering fix and still receive the same message. Any ideas?

b4 reg editing, if the update profile thing don't work, sprint TSS could get you your AAA password...get it-
1)then dial ##3282#/edit-enter msl(there's a thread floating on this site that'll help you get your msl)
2)make sure your NAI matches your NAI on sprint.com/make sure your AAA password matches what they gave
3)for kicks, make sure your HA password is the word "secret"
4)hit ok....soft reset?? try again

gatornuke 12-15-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krayziepop (Post 578916)
I would install a registry editor, and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Comm/InternetSharing and make sure the isext.dll key is deleted. Then check under /Settings to make sure the ForceCellConnection key is either set to Sprint or just deleted. If those are both fine, then the Update Profile option should get you back on the ground and running.

i did that, and now i only have the "settings" folder under "internetSharing" in my registry. There was another folder in there earlier that is no longer there. The result is that now the "connect" button on internet sharing is greyed out, so it does not work at all. I have an HTC touch.

I tied the IOTA thing. on the touch it is accessible through the phone options (in comm manager, click settings>phone>internet>get settings>start ... i get a message saying "preparing vision services," followed by "error code 1012"

Long story short... solution does not work, phone is more broken now. Any suggestions other than hard resetting and loosing all my software?

BigDiesel07 12-15-2008 07:30 PM

Also... Check this out.. It gives a good explanation of what Error 67 is...

Crucial 10-31-2009 07:15 PM

i am all these same problems, been on phone with a Sprint tech all day ... cant get this damn thing to connect for anything

*EDIT**
got it fixed, had to reset the PRI and then dowload the cab in this post .. update and success!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...99&postcount=2

austinkp 11-05-2009 05:32 PM

thanks for reporting back on the fix, Crucial. Been struggling with the exact same thing for 2 days. That did the trick!

dkd711 11-05-2009 06:52 PM

alot of these issues this week... Sprint must be up to something... My TP data went down also, had to hard reset and Update Profile to get it up and running

mikecism 11-05-2009 08:56 PM

I am having the same issue. Last week was fine, but this week is error 67 all the time.

How do you update profile if you have a custom rom on the TP that doesn't have that icon?

EDIT - Using the link above for the .cab and it worked like a charm! WOOT! Thanks.

dyra502 11-05-2009 09:44 PM

I fix mines by ##786# and letting it restart

jinxtheclown 11-17-2009 09:20 PM

I am having the error 67 problem when I attempt to use my phone as a modem for my laptop. I tried to download the CAB file discussed above but i had some trouble Im new to the HERO can someone walk me through the process? Thanks.

howdy 11-26-2009 03:58 PM

I also have the HTC hero and getting the same issue... greatly appreciate any assisitance on how to install the cab file on the phone... cheers!

49311 12-16-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crucial (Post 1284059)
i am all these same problems, been on phone with a Sprint tech all day ... cant get this damn thing to connect for anything

*EDIT**
got it fixed, had to reset the PRI and then dowload the cab in this post .. update and success!!

worked like a charm on my tp2 (sprint)

Thanks!

thesfactor 01-24-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49311 (Post 1418800)
worked like a charm on my tp2 (sprint)

Thanks!

How do you reset the PRI? I tried almost everything, I installed the cab as well but it doesn't seem to work? I have a sprint TP2, can someone throw some light on this please? I also installed the internet sharing cab and updated my profile...

atrn271 02-12-2010 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crucial (Post 1284059)

*EDIT**

Thanks for this! Worked on my TP with a custom ROM. Some of the people at Sprint are completely clueless. I was trying to walk the guy through giving me my unlock code after dialing ##3282# and then giving me my AAA Hex password. Had no idea what I was talking about! ](*,)

Pyr0TeK 02-16-2010 05:15 PM

How do we update/use this .cab to fix this?

seahunter35 02-18-2010 06:00 AM

I need some help too, installed cab and still got error message, im on tp2.

Waltdog 05-01-2010 11:14 AM

Thanks you so much, That worked great.

outbackvandy 05-12-2010 05:13 PM

I'm not sure we have the same cause, but here is what caused my HTC Touch Pro2 to show Error Code67.

I was playing around with XDAndroid AOSP 2.1 on my device, then used Menu+Hngup key to power off. HTC blank screen immediately came up and device booted back into WinMo 6.5 (MightyRom). Error 67 popped up right afterwords. Trying to go to setting->system->update profile / update prl, neither option works.

After trying a couple of more options and nothing worked, I powered off the phone, waited for one minute, turned it on again, the error is gone.

Again, not sure it helps your situation, but it fixed mine... Hope it will work for you as well.

izmas 05-24-2010 03:23 PM

I'm on TP2 also. Started getting this error yesterday. So far tried to update profile and install the cab listed on the site, but no luck. I am assuming the Fring autostart is what initially caused the problem after it shut down due to low battery and I start it back on after plugging it in.

PwndYou 07-14-2010 06:39 PM

Could someone let me know exactly how to update it. Giving a link without explanation doesn't really help me. I'm sick of this error.

dgt02 07-22-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izmas (Post 1771193)
I'm on TP2 also. Started getting this error yesterday. So far tried to update profile and install the cab listed on the site, but no luck. I am assuming the Fring autostart is what initially caused the problem after it shut down due to low battery and I start it back on after plugging it in.

I have a Sprint TP2 as well and started getting this message yesterday. It went away after I went into:

Settings, Menu, All Settings, Connections, Connections, Manage Existing Connections, editing #777, Next, Next and then entering my user name and password (I left domain blank). I happen to remember my user name & password.

You could also call Sprint - they should be able to fix you up quickly.

austin420 07-22-2010 04:01 PM

wow. 7 lurkers in a row. some with attitudes too. nice.

keiken01 12-27-2012 11:45 AM

I'm a noob with this stuff, so please bear with my learning curve... I understand working with PC's but doing similar stuff on the cell phone just isn't "setting in.".

What is the user id and password mentioned with #777?
I just entered "administrator" as the user with password blank and domain blank on my HTC Touch Pro 2 and it seems to be working fine, but tried the same on my moms phone and it gives the 67 error.

Was there ever a final step through bullet list of what steps to do?
Trying to get this to work for my mom's HTC Touch Pro.