PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Data Call Failure Error Code 67 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42969)

cjconover859 11-03-2008 11:09 PM

Data Call Failure Error Code 67

When trying to use my TP as a modem I received an error message. The message was "Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your pcs vision user name and/or password may be incorrent. Please try again." I installed the tethering fix and still receive the same message. Any ideas?

[sammich] 11-03-2008 11:11 PM

Re: Data Call Failure Error Code 67

Try running IOTA again. I think it's Start>Settings>System>Phone and it's somewhere in there.

Malarias Agenda 12-13-2008 10:47 PM

I had a similar problem... turns out I just hadn't paid the bill.... did you try that?

[sammich] 12-14-2008 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarias Agenda (Post 577031)
I had a similar problem... turns out I just hadn't paid the bill.... did you try that?

:sign5:

Well, that would probably cause a few problems...

basilray 12-14-2008 07:01 PM

Yup, I forgot to pay my bill as well and had the same thing!

lmv7777 12-14-2008 07:53 PM

on the touch pro goto startmenu | settings | update profile <----- this is the new IOTA.

[sammich] 12-14-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lmv7777 (Post 578451)
on the touch pro goto startmenu | settings | update profile <----- this is the new IOTA.

Ah thanks! I was wondering where it was

Krayziepop 12-15-2008 12:01 AM

I would install a registry editor, and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Comm/InternetSharing and make sure the isext.dll key is deleted. Then check under /Settings to make sure the ForceCellConnection key is either set to Sprint or just deleted. If those are both fine, then the Update Profile option should get you back on the ground and running.

skeegcpp 12-15-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjconover859 (Post 494869)
When trying to use my TP as a modem I received an error message. The message was "Error Code 67 Registration failure. Your pcs vision user name and/or password may be incorrent. Please try again." I installed the tethering fix and still receive the same message. Any ideas?

b4 reg editing, if the update profile thing don't work, sprint TSS could get you your AAA password...get it-
1)then dial ##3282#/edit-enter msl(there's a thread floating on this site that'll help you get your msl)
2)make sure your NAI matches your NAI on sprint.com/make sure your AAA password matches what they gave
3)for kicks, make sure your HA password is the word "secret"
4)hit ok....soft reset?? try again

gatornuke 12-15-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krayziepop (Post 578916)
I would install a registry editor, and browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Comm/InternetSharing and make sure the isext.dll key is deleted. Then check under /Settings to make sure the ForceCellConnection key is either set to Sprint or just deleted. If those are both fine, then the Update Profile option should get you back on the ground and running.

i did that, and now i only have the "settings" folder under "internetSharing" in my registry. There was another folder in there earlier that is no longer there. The result is that now the "connect" button on internet sharing is greyed out, so it does not work at all. I have an HTC touch.

I tied the IOTA thing. on the touch it is accessible through the phone options (in comm manager, click settings>phone>internet>get settings>start ... i get a message saying "preparing vision services," followed by "error code 1012"

Long story short... solution does not work, phone is more broken now. Any suggestions other than hard resetting and loosing all my software?