PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ds48124 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SMS Wake Up

How do I stop my pro from waking up when a sms is received? It never used to but it now just started.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
Re: SMS Wake Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds48124 View Post
How do I stop my pro from waking up when a sms is received? It never used to but it now just started.

Thanks
diamond tweak has an option in it to enable/disable this...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

ds48124 is a n00b

Thanks, I tried it and it still wakes up even if it is turned to disable so maybe it was something I installed.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

Go to

Start -> Settings -> Sounds and Notifications -> Notifications Tab -> Event Messaging: New Text Message

Uncheck "Display Messageon Screen"

If it still shows then it probably is something you installed.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bairice is keeping up the good workbairice is keeping up the good work

I'm having the same problem.. Thing is I'm not sure which program I've installed that is causing is..
Old 11-05-2008, 01:02 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

If you don't want your phone to automatically come on when a new text message comes in here's the registry edit for it:
HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <-- set to "1" by default. Change value to "0"

In your case, change the value to "1" and it will keep your phone's screen off once a new Test Message comes in. Make sure you do a soft reset after you made the change.

Last edited by LilRico; 11-05-2008 at 01:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

I'm using PHM reg edit and everything matches up to the "DisableSMSWakeUpEvent". I don't have that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
If you don't want your phone to automatically come on when a new text message comes in here's the registry edit for it:
HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent <-- set to "1" by default. Change value to "0"

In your case, change the value to "1" and it will keep your phone's screen off once a new Test Message comes in. Make sure you do a soft reset after you made the change.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:49 AM
CyanogenMod

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
I'm using PHM reg edit and everything matches up to the "DisableSMSWakeUpEvent". I don't have that option.
Re-check it because I had it in my stock ROM as well as all 3 versions of JD's ROM's as well and so does my gf's phone. Remember just select the RIL directory and not any of the sub directories in it. I hope you find it...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Jspecrx7 is just getting started

Thanks for the help. I went ahead and just installed the diamond tweak program, so that should be taken care of. I was hoping the diamond tweak also would of taken care of the start up screen and audio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Re-check it because I had it in my stock ROM as well as all 3 versions of JD's ROM's as well and so does my gf's phone. Remember just select the RIL directory and not any of the sub directories in it. I hope you find it...
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
CyanogenMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
Thanks for the help. I went ahead and just installed the diamond tweak program, so that should be taken care of. I was hoping the diamond tweak also would of taken care of the start up screen and audio.
I wrote about that as well here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=48

A good place to look for a lot of tweaks is this thread if you haven't seen it already.
Touch Pro Essentials

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro