PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Moment
Carrier: Sprint

tphone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The New HTC Album

On the old HTC Album I installed on my mogul, I was able to rotate the pictures with a 'half circle' gesture on the screen. This option appears to be gone in the new Album.
I know there is a sensor for automatically rotating to portrait or landscape when you rotate the phone, but I want to be able to manually rotate a photo in addition to this feature.

Say, you took a picture with the TP upside-down. You would be able to see it in all it's upside-down glory whichever way you tilted the phone, but you can't just rotate the photo around on the screen to always have it right side up again.
I just discovered this morning that this option is no longer available while looking at some old mogul photos on my memory card. And, I don't see a menu item for rotating a photo. either.

Anyone find a solution, even an obvious one I missed? I'd like to know.
Thanks
Old 11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: The New HTC Album

Yeah, I noticed this the first day. Kind of annoyed me. I guess they're assuming the only reason we rotate photos is to make them fit the screen better. I had to use the Windows Mobile picture app to rotate my pictures that were set wrong. Still, there are instances where a photo is right, but you want to see it from a different angle. The current Album app doesn't allow for that. It also provides no editing abilities or the ability to move photos, which is unfortunate, as it doesn't completely replace the clunky built-in stuff.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:18 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

um tilt the device... g sensor does it for you

Old 11-03-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

+1 This annoys me also. If anyone comes up with a fix I'm interested.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sorry, couldn't resist.

UM, DID YOU ACTUALLY READ MY POST??

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:22 PM
The Hibster

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community

was that at me? if so... what
Old 11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yep, Hibby50, but no offense intended. I pretty much spelled out what the sensor does and doesn't do. And you can't, for instance, turn a photo over.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

gostars9 is keeping up the good workgostars9 is keeping up the good work

the problem is if you have a picture saved on your phone that is sideways.. if you turn it, the picture is STILL sideways because the screen reorientates, but that doesn't change the fact that the picture was saved sideways. We need to be able to turn the picture without the screen changing positions to view it correctly.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 PM
The Hibster

oh no offense taken i just didnt see it
Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
oh no offense taken i just didnt see it
I know, but that was kind of the point. This isn't just to you, but we all need to make more effort to actually read the post before replying. I remember last time I posted questions and also specifically stated which two solutions I had tried without success, the first two replies I got were to try the exact two things I had stated didn't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro