PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FM Radio?

Anyone play with it yet, is it available on the CDMA/Sprint units? Unfortunatly I am at work without the head set to plug in to test and see if it pops up.

None of the tabs or windows, programs show.. I guess I'll read up on the online manual.

Didn't find any thread on it either, which I found weird.

-CC
Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: FM Radio?

I dont think sprints has it.... plugged in my headset and just got a notification in the taskbar.....

Old 11-03-2008, 02:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile
Threadstarter

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
I dont think sprints has it.... plugged in my headset and just got a notification in the taskbar.....

Yeah was over at xda reading about the hardware being removed or it not being included in cdma versions as per sprint specs. Some tried installing the .cab then plugging in ear buds and just got the unit in waiting mode but never a signal..

Wonder if verizon/alltel also went without it..

-CC
Old 11-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

yes as mentioned, sprint left it out. i confirmed this direct from an engineer at HTC america... no hardware or anything related to the FM radio is in the PRO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Anyone play with it yet, is it available on the CDMA/Sprint units? Unfortunatly I am at work without the head set to plug in to test and see if it pops up.

None of the tabs or windows, programs show.. I guess I'll read up on the online manual.

Didn't find any thread on it either, which I found weird.

-CC
Old 11-04-2008, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

hellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuffhellraiser_osu knows their stuff

(By JakDillard)

First you will need a gsm touch diamond rom or touch pro rom - extract the drivers relating to the fm radio i.e. fms.dll or fminit2.bts -move these file into your oemdrivers folder (replacing the one that are already in there) and BAM done .... I got this to work on a rom I was working on then I got a Touch Pro so it does work however the sound is not that loud.... enjoy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=442239
Old 11-04-2008, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

Huh? How? It does not have the FM tuner built into the hardware. Driver's do not make hardware appear inside a phone.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000 View Post
Huh? How? It does not have the FM tuner built into the hardware. Driver's do not make hardware appear inside a phone.
There is no way to be certain if the hardware is or is not in there without disecting the device itself. I dont care if HTC themselves tell someone otherwise....if Sprint asked them not to enable it...they are not gonna tell a consumer if its possible or not.

Perfect example is GPS on the Sprint Touch. It was always there...but had to be enbabled....The community had it enabled LONG before Sprint decided to officially enable it.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-04-2008, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

Did sprint ever deny that there was GPS functionality on the Touch?

I have heard multiple people say that the hardware is not there, sprint included. Prove me wrong, it would be neat to have an FM tuner on the device
Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

yeah, but JD was saying that he got the fm radio working on his diamond, he hasnt gotten it to work on his touch pro yet.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

They probably did a little more foobaring with disabling the radio in the TP since people expect it to be there. while with the diamond even the gsm version wasn't supposed to have it (I thought anyways) so all they did was not include the drivers and the software as a quick fix(or is is unfix)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro