PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   FM Radio? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42880)

clockcycle 11-03-2008 02:22 PM

FM Radio?

Anyone play with it yet, is it available on the CDMA/Sprint units? Unfortunatly I am at work without the head set to plug in to test and see if it pops up.

None of the tabs or windows, programs show.. I guess I'll read up on the online manual.

Didn't find any thread on it either, which I found weird.

-CC

hibby50 11-03-2008 02:24 PM

Re: FM Radio?

I dont think sprints has it.... plugged in my headset and just got a notification in the taskbar.....

clockcycle 11-03-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 493682)
I dont think sprints has it.... plugged in my headset and just got a notification in the taskbar.....

Yeah was over at xda reading about the hardware being removed or it not being included in cdma versions as per sprint specs. Some tried installing the .cab then plugging in ear buds and just got the unit in waiting mode but never a signal..

Wonder if verizon/alltel also went without it..

-CC

marctronixx 11-03-2008 07:14 PM

yes as mentioned, sprint left it out. i confirmed this direct from an engineer at HTC america... no hardware or anything related to the FM radio is in the PRO...

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 493676)
Anyone play with it yet, is it available on the CDMA/Sprint units? Unfortunatly I am at work without the head set to plug in to test and see if it pops up.

None of the tabs or windows, programs show.. I guess I'll read up on the online manual.

Didn't find any thread on it either, which I found weird.

-CC

hellraiser_osu 11-04-2008 02:18 PM

(By JakDillard)

First you will need a gsm touch diamond rom or touch pro rom - extract the drivers relating to the fm radio i.e. fms.dll or fminit2.bts -move these file into your oemdrivers folder (replacing the one that are already in there) and BAM done .... I got this to work on a rom I was working on then I got a Touch Pro so it does work however the sound is not that loud.... enjoy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=442239

Bad HAL 9000 11-04-2008 02:22 PM

Huh? How? It does not have the FM tuner built into the hardware. Driver's do not make hardware appear inside a phone.

DaPeeps 11-04-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad HAL 9000 (Post 496061)
Huh? How? It does not have the FM tuner built into the hardware. Driver's do not make hardware appear inside a phone.

There is no way to be certain if the hardware is or is not in there without disecting the device itself. I dont care if HTC themselves tell someone otherwise....if Sprint asked them not to enable it...they are not gonna tell a consumer if its possible or not.

Perfect example is GPS on the Sprint Touch. It was always there...but had to be enbabled....The community had it enabled LONG before Sprint decided to officially enable it.

Bad HAL 9000 11-04-2008 02:40 PM

Did sprint ever deny that there was GPS functionality on the Touch?

I have heard multiple people say that the hardware is not there, sprint included. Prove me wrong, it would be neat to have an FM tuner on the device

imneveral0ne 11-04-2008 02:42 PM

yeah, but JD was saying that he got the fm radio working on his diamond, he hasnt gotten it to work on his touch pro yet.

cornelious2 11-04-2008 02:44 PM

They probably did a little more foobaring with disabling the radio in the TP since people expect it to be there. while with the diamond even the gsm version wasn't supposed to have it (I thought anyways) so all they did was not include the drivers and the software as a quick fix(or is is unfix)?