PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Full Speed USB

Ok, normally I have answers, but this time I have a question. What exactly is this full speed usb that is by default off?

Try ##FSUSB#
Old 11-03-2008, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Full Speed USB

hmmmmm wonder if this also has anything to do with USB host support..
Old 11-03-2008, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Evo

xtatic is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to xtatic

i think as per my experience full speed usb means
USB 2.0 full speed is transferring data at the same speed as USB 1.1 full speed (12Mbps), but uses new protocols that allow for faster devices to be connected to the same hub or system on newer model computers in the market.
Using USB 2.0 high speed devices transferring data at (480Mbps) is the fastest interface that a customer is expected to achieve.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
Ok, normally I have answers, but this time I have a question. What exactly is this full speed usb that is by default off?

Try ##FSUSB#

Interesting, have you found any other "new" ## codes?

-CC

NOTE: this is what I found; http://www.usb.org/developers/packaging/ Low = 1.5Mb/sec full = 12Mb/sec hi = 480Mb/sec, perhaps it's for compatibility to force it to "full"..

Last edited by clockcycle; 11-03-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Evo

xtatic is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to xtatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Interesting, have you found any other "new" ## codes?

-CC

NOTE: this is what I found; http://www.usb.org/developers/packaging/ Low = 1.5Mb/sec full = 12Mb/sec hi = 480Mb/sec, perhaps it's for compatibility to force it to "full"..

this site tells the same info as i posted previously...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wink Re: Full Speed USB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post

Try ##FSUSB#
if full speed usb is off by default then, im pretty sure your transfer speed from PC to PPC is still 12Mbps. One key feature i wish about this phone (as the specs say at pdadb.net) is that it can probably do High Speed usb 2.0 (480 Mbps). Meaning it can copy files to the device over USB a whole lot faster than my mogul can...
I would test the speed difference when copying files from the pc to ppc over usb with the settings of ##FSUSB# on and then off...and see if there is an improvement.
(chances are sprint disabled it as they always do something stupid like that).
or
Maybe this feature is enabled automatically when using the USB to PC feature under Settings->connections->USB to PC (which allows you to use your PPC (storage card) as a USB flash drive. (its standard/included in both the diamond/Touch pro).
I will test it today, since i just got news from my wife she just received hers touch pro...

Last edited by nico4k; 11-03-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:12 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Tested a 80MB file with TP as a removable disk drive (not through AS).

FSUSB Enabled: 30 Seconds
FSUSB Disabled: 30 Seconds

This was with a Canon miniUSB cable I had extra from a new camera a year or so ago...I don't have the actual TP USB cable with me at work so this cable may not be rated for USB 2.0. However, I thought that any cables manufactured within the last 5 years are all rated for 2.0...

Old 11-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
Tested a 80MB file with TP as a removable disk drive (not through AS).

FSUSB Enabled: 30 Seconds
FSUSB Disabled: 30 Seconds

This was with a Canon miniUSB cable I had extra from a new camera a year or so ago...I don't have the actual TP USB cable with me at work so this cable may not be rated for USB 2.0. However, I thought that any cables manufactured within the last 5 years are all rated for 2.0...
thanks for the findings this is very interesting.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Well it may have been my cable because 480Mbps calculates to I believe 60MBps and 12Kbps calculates to around 2MBps.

Or enabling it just doesn't do anything!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo
Carrier: sprint

ppcninja is a n00b

even if you get get usb 2.0 speeds, it would probably be useless as the only big storage medium (microSD card) has a limit of class 8 (8 mbps), no?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro