PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Bestbuy Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
I had a terrible time with a Best Buy manager trying to deny my TP return. He argued that the phone was not broken. He even lied and said they didn't have any in stock. Turns out there were 9 of them under the counter after I made it clear I wasn't going to let him turn me away.

This was at the Best Buy in Woodlawn, MD. Absolute worst BB ever!
I'm having the same issues as well. I had a hard time returning my 1st one. 2nd one is really bad as well. I'm hoping I can return this one as well. They kept insisting that the speaker sounded fine and nothing was wrong with it as well.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Bestbuy Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph33zy View Post
I'm having the same issues as well. I had a hard time returning my 1st one. 2nd one is really bad as well. I'm hoping I can return this one as well. They kept insisting that the speaker sounded fine and nothing was wrong with it as well.
My boss bought a TP at BB & returned it (he said it was the biggest POS he's ever owned, he couldn't hear on it & the case was coming apart) He also had a tough time returning it, but he made a scene (& he's one big dude) & they finally gave in & gave him a refund.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800

CrazyCzech is just getting started
Re: Considering TouchPro Return - Need Advice!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42628

I feel your pains, I think it's flimsy as well, + pieces falling off after 4 days.....getting a replacement from Sprint but I think I won't be keeping it....
Old 11-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i think best buy got a bad batch.the one i have is from sprint and it works fine(better audio once i took the factory plastic off!).
Old 11-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800

CrazyCzech is just getting started

As for the battery life: lot worse than Treo 700WX for same usage.
I get it 100% in the morning: turn Bluetooth on, log into XM radio stream, connect to my helmet BT and ride to work 30 minutes.
Treo700wx :90%
TouchPro: 75%

regular use, wi-fi off, BT on throughout the day, by 5pm

Treo700WX:45-55%
TouchPro:10-30%

TreoWX: good till put on charge @11pm most days
TouchPro: dead beofre I arrive home
Old 11-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

drezden is a n00b

Well I went back to Best Buy (different location) and they gave me a brand new TP without any hassle. I made sure to inspect this one and the earpiece perforation was noticeably different with holes all the way across. After the salesman activated it I made a quick call to my house and the call clarity was waaaaaay better. The battery cover on the back also doesn't creak like my previous one.

The only things Ive noticed so far is that the button panel on the front seems to be raised up a little, but it was like this on my other one so I figure thats just the way it goes.

So if you think something is wrong with your pro, it probably is. I would HIGHLY recommend buying a protection plan on this thing if you haven't already. I think thats a big part of the reason why Best Buy didn't care that I wanted another one.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint sero

pyroz is just getting started

my back and home buttons creaks when i press it and there is a small gap between my keyboard and the screen part. i will return it and get another.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm pre
Carrier: sprint

ceij85 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i just found out why mine sounded bad.the plastic that comes on the phone doesn't have any holes in it.i'm a dummy!i should remove it!
LOL I DID THAT TOO FOR THE FIRST THREE HOURS OF HAVING THE PHONE IM LIKE OOOOO THIS SPEAKER SUCKS LMAO!!!! I FEEL U!!!

FUTHERMORE I AM RETURNING MY TOUCH PRO. THE HEAT IS RIDICULOUS AND I AM SOMEONE WHO LIKES TO SIT ON THE PHONE AT NASUEM CHATTING IT UP WITH MY FRIENDS. IM GLAD I KEPT MY MOGUL. IT WAS COOL BEING ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH G1 USERS AND STUFF LIKE THAT BUT HEY....IF I CANT EVEN COMFORTABLY USE THE PHONE WAS GOOD IS IT. FURTHERMORE WHEN I CONTACTED HTC THEY SEEMED A LITTLE TOO OKAY WITH WHATS GOING ON WITH THE PHONE. I GOT FROM THAT CONVO THAT THE PHONE IS DESIGNED TO RUN ALL OF THESE THINGS, BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE BATTERY CANNOT TAKE IT. THE DEVICE CONTRADICTS ITSELF. I DONT THINK I WANT TO BECOME A VICTIM OF THIS MISCALCULATION. RIGHT NOW ITS COOL BECAUSE IM WELL AWARE OF THE PROBLEM, HOWEVER GOD FORBID I NEED MY MOBILE PHONE FOR AN EMERGENCY I COULD ONLY IMAGINE THE EFFECTS OF EITHER THE PHONE DYING IN MY FACE OR NOT CHARGING AND REFUSING TO COME ON......SO UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE TO PART WAYS WITH MY COOL CHROMED OUT TOUCH PRO.....I WILL MISS IT...IT WAS DEFINITELY A POINT OF ENVY FOR FRIENDS BUT HEY...IT WAS MORE EMBARASSING NOT BEING ABLE TO HOLD THE PHONE TO MY FACE FOR FEAR MY MOISTURIZER WOULD CATCH FIRE....THAT IS ALL

GOOD DAY FOLKS
Samsung VM-A680-Sanyo VM4500-Toshiba VM4050-Sanyo VM4500-Sanyo MM7400-(verizon Motorolav710)-i860-i870-Blackberry 7100i-i870-Samsung MMA940-Samsung MMA920-K1M-V3M(red)-V3MGrey-Treo 700p-Samsung M610-Mogul-Touch-Mogul-ic902-V9m-Curve(red)-Lotus(black)-Touch Pro
Old 11-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

I am going to give it like 6 months before I look at one again. I had so many problems with the two I had. I am back to the touch and loving it. Really didn't appreciate the touch when I had it but now that all the issues with the pro are not there I really see that it's a pretty good phone.

Not bashing the pro but it just doesn't live up to the hype. I notice a lot of people here with all sorts of problems saying things like you can fix it this way or do this to get around it. I don't think all these things should be necessary for a phone in this price range. I know updates are coming but HTC is really slacking lately. I had all sorts of issues with my first touch when it first came out but a year later I just got a brand new one and all the kinks are worked out.

Good luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro