PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

FoxRacR17 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Horrible Shutter lag

Just wondering if its just my phone but does the camera on the TP have really bad lag? Like whatever your photographing has to be standing perfectly still or your hand has to be completely steady or the picture will turn out blurry? Now I under stand this is no Canon or anything, but its kinda sad that an old 2.0 megapixel camera on a friends motorola phone from tmobile is able to capture pictures better then my 300 dollar 3.2 megapixel phone. Is there any fix for this?

Last edited by FoxRacR17; 11-03-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle
Re: Horrible Shutter lag

get more steady hands.. lol

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

FoxRacR17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
get more steady hands.. lol

Thats not exactly the problem, I was just giving another example. With my TP, whoever I am taking pictures of has to be perfectly still or else it will come out blurry, its really annoying.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Check for the registry edit thread to change the delay upon touching the button to taking the picture.

-CC
Old 11-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea the problem is that it takes time to auto focus so if your moving it cant focus properly.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work

You might also want to trip the autofocus feature first by just holding your finger on the dpad until you see white brackets turn green. I've had excellent quality photos taken like that. Another trip is to hold ur elbows to your sides, definitely increases steadiness for me.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

mharvey is becoming a great contributor

I have done this (pre-focus) but even then there seems to be quite a lag between when I hit the button and the picture is taken. It is really hard to time the shot to catch a photo of anything that is moving.

Someone mentioned a registry key that might control this delay? What is it?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacR17 View Post
Just wondering if its just my phone but does the camera on the TP have really bad lag? Like whatever your photographing has to be standing perfectly still or your hand has to be completely steady or the picture will turn out blurry? Now I under stand this is no Canon or anything, but its kinda sand that an old 2.0 megapixel camera on a friends motorola phone from tmobile is able to capture pictures better then my 300 dollar 3.2 megapixel phone. Is there any fix for this?
i have the exact problem. it's annoying
Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

I think the problem is that these camera's have a horribly slow shutter speed... I've had the same problem with every HTC device I've tried...
Old 11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

Yeah, this mo-fo is REALLY slow. Taking pictures of people is almost impossibile.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro