PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2008, 12:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

evilpeople is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Horrible Shutter lag

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiology View Post
Whoa,,, hold on just a tiny second... (snipped very long and hard to read post)
Then your use of the term "archaic" is not correct, as it is intended (when used correctly) to be a synonym to "antiquated", which, since shutters are currently constructed and commonly used, is not accurate. No big deal. I'll focus on the camera from now on (if you'll pardon the pun ).

I have a very good understanding of how these devices work, as I can see you do as well. I have already discussed (and you have reposted) how shutter speed relates to fps and how it affects the images. The point I was making is that 20 fps is not fast enough to hand-stabilize an image. You need more lke 30-60 fps for this to work, and without the camera taking mostly black images, I simply don't think th CCD used is sensitive enough for this. It's very common with these tiny CCDs used in camera phones.

As for me, I can take very adequate pictures in most circumstances with this phone already (considering its quality), just so long as I pay attention to the lighting conditions of my subject. Bright light = Good. Low light = bad. Use the flash and go close, even though it will tend to wash the colors out, it's better than a blurry picture.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Kaiser

GrnOn2 is a n00b

Check the post from GuitarDoc. He gave me a video hack that worked for my KAISER.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

discipler is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
Yeah, this mo-fo is REALLY slow. Taking pictures of people is almost impossibile.
No kidding, I have to tell my kids, be quiet and hold the smile for at least 10 seconds. My youngest is 18 and she invariably begins mocking my phone before the picture is taken and then I have a horrible picture. I tell her to keep her mouth shut or keep smiling, but it doesn't make for a good experience.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipler View Post
No kidding, I have to tell my kids, be quiet and hold the smile for at least 10 seconds. My youngest is 18 and she invariably begins mocking my phone before the picture is taken and then I have a horrible picture. I tell her to keep her mouth shut or keep smiling, but it doesn't make for a good experience.
Yeah, I think it's pretty much universally-agreed upon that this phone is terrible for taking pictures of anything but plants and other stationary objects--in direct sunlight.

A poor camera isn't a deal-killer for me, but it sure doesn't help the TP much...
Old 01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by discipler View Post
My youngest is 18 and she invariably begins mocking my phone before the picture is taken .
LOL, my 19 year old son does the same thing....

He gets a big kick out of the fact that he has a digital camera he paid $50 for that would easily take a perfect pic in the same situation & the $500 TP is virtually useless in the same set of circumstances........

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mpeters13 is a n00b

I've gotten used to taking video and cropping frames. It's that bad. The other day, I wanted to snap a picture of a funny bumper sticker and literally stood behind this car for 5 minutes, trying to grab a shot. I finally got frustrated and used my Pearl 8120 (work phone) to capture the shot instead, lol.

The only thing you can do is develop a steadier hand. Practice that Single Ladies dance, or something. Maybe somewhere between bobbing your head like Beyoncé, and flipping your phone like a ring on your finger, you'll develop asian-like hand steadiness.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:30 PM
GRB
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 98

GRB is becoming a great contributor

This may not be totally helpful since I can't find where I originally got it, but if you use the "Advanced Config" program and go to the camera settings and adjust the "Capture Key Delay Time" to 0, It makes a big difference!

It's still not perfect, and it still works best in good light, but I definitely saw a significant increase in speed.

Again, I can't take credit, it's posted in these forums somewhere.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

discipler is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post
This may not be totally helpful since I can't find where I originally got it, but if you use the "Advanced Config" program and go to the camera settings and adjust the "Capture Key Delay Time" to 0, It makes a big difference!

It's still not perfect, and it still works best in good light, but I definitely saw a significant increase in speed.

Again, I can't take credit, it's posted in these forums somewhere.
OK, so the "advanced config program" is a separate program, not part of the built in configuration tools that come with the phone. Is that right? Because I can't find anything like what you describe in the phone. Also, I searched PPCGeeks site and Google it too and could not find anything but this one thread.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB View Post

Why not just set it to "disabled"??

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Why not just set it to "disabled"??

~John
Because by default it is disabled. This tweak does nothing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro