PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
possible USB host on Touch Pro

This basically involves the ability to connect usb devices to your phone to be used by your phone (usb memory stick, usb keyboard, any usb device)

I have been doing some research, and there is already a thread at XDA, though it seems they did not get very far:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411905

Is it possible to do some further invesigation to see if this is possible on the pro?

The HTC Advantage has a sweet cable available that supports this feature among others (s-video out, svga out, and USB host)

http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=145166

If we could somehow make a cable like this to work with the pro, it would be amzing. Perhaps some of the devs here may know what software/drivers would be needed to make this happen.

Comments?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b145166.jpg (17.7 KB, 92 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg diamondusbhost.jpg (31.3 KB, 93 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: possible USB host on Touch Pro

possible? yes no..
Old 11-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

I too would kill for this...I would love to be able to plug an external into my phone.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Hardware is required in the phone for USB Host to happen. My guess is the HTC Advantage has this hardware. If TP has it, then yes it is possible, otherwise, probably not.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this would be interesting to see....
Old 11-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Hardware is required in the phone for USB Host to happen. My guess is the HTC Advantage has this hardware. If TP has it, then yes it is possible, otherwise, probably not.
well for the HTC diamond, since it does not have an SD card slot, there was an image showing a cable connecting a card reader to the phone to load roms at HTC. The assumtion was that it was being read by USB host.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

quote=superevilllama;492792]This basically involves the ability to connect usb devices to your phone to be used by your phone (usb memory stick, usb keyboard, any usb device)

I have been doing some research, and there is already a thread at XDA, though it seems they did not get very far:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411905

Is it possible to do some further invesigation to see if this is possible on the pro?

The HTC Advantage has a sweet cable available that supports this feature among others (s-video out, svga out, and USB host)

http://www.expansys.com/htc/p_htc_item.aspx?i=145166

If we could somehow make a cable like this to work with the pro, it would be amzing. Perhaps some of the devs here may know what software/drivers would be needed to make this happen.

Comments?[/quote]

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...29&postcount=1

Refer to the images in this post. That is the diagram of the TP's HTC Extended USB port. It has 11 pins. According to the links you provided, the HTC Advantage has 16 pins..

"The cable provides a solution for splitting the Advantage’s HTC proprietary 16-pin interface into various interfaces giving you more connection options for your Advantage."

-CC
Old 05-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

I may be asking a question that is already answered, but does this confirm that it is not possible?

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i know this is old...but i saw this feature mentioned in treo 800w in wmexperts, check it out...it is possible to do with a few dollars cable from ebay....maybe our TouchPro/diamond can do this as well.
see the link below....

Treo 800w usb host port works!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

This might be a good one to ask no2chem. He seems to have gone places inside the Touch Pro that most of us dare not venture.

If anyone could determine if there is hardware support on the device, it would be him. I'll jump over to nueROM and ask him what he thinks and send him a link to this thread... we'll see if he has time to get to this. Busy busy dude!

As I remember, he was working on a few things dealing with the usb jack on this device.

Last edited by veedubguru; 05-26-2009 at 11:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro