PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 08:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

thewayofwright is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Having to upgrade a shared plan to get DATA.

The official rule is that the TP and Diamond requires a new shared plan that has either 1500 or 3000 minutes in order to gain access to the $30 data plan that activates data on all your phones. Well, I have an old retention plan that is crazy jacked up with first incoming min free, bonus 200 minutes on all 4 lines, 6pm nights free, lines 3&4 free, unl txt 4 lines free, and data on 3 lines except the line with the TP.

Sprint kept saying over and over again, Mr. Wright, in order to get data on a 4G phone, not an older 3G phone, youll have to upgrade your plan to our new share 1500 or 3000. Well, screw that. I officially called retentions and weesled my way into the ONLY way possible to have data on a line with a TP. Its called a "PICK A PACK BUNDLE SERVICE" on the back end with sprint. reps with retentions can at anytime use this very old wild card, al-a-cart trick, of which, many reps arent even fimiluar with, and add a data + txt package to a line with a TP. Apperently, ANYOTHER method of trying to add data will result in a warning screen with reps say that the account type is invalid. But again, this feature mentioned a second ago will add vision + txt unlimited, and it will do so with no warning screen of compatibility.

I am just looking out for my peeps... Peace.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

alexrud is a n00b
Re: Having to upgrade a shared plan to get DATA.

Wow, you had to do all of that just to get data? I got my TP from BB, and I didn't have to upgrade/renew my 1.5 year old 550 shared minutes Fair and Flexible family plan. The BB clerk said I had to have a $25 or higher data plan, so I had him add the $30 Data Pack. However, according to the Sprint store clerk I spoke to this morning the BestBuy guy never added the $30 data plan even though he said he did. The Sprint clerk checked my acct and I still have the same old $15 Power Vision data plan i've had for the last few years. So far everything is working just fine

Last edited by alexrud; 11-02-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Mogul
Threadstarter

thewayofwright is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrud View Post
Wow, you had to do all of that just to get data? I got my TP from BB, and I didn't have to upgrade/renew my 1.5 year old 550 shared minutes Fair and Flexible family plan. The BB clerk said I had to have a $25 or higher data plan, so I had him add the $30 Data Pack. However, according to the Sprint store clerk I spoke to this morning the BestBuy guy never added the $30 data plan even though he said he did. The Sprint clerk checked my acct and I still have the same old $15 Power Vision data plan i've had for the last few years. So far everything is working just fine
Well, see, I have a promisary note that every line I add, I am to get free data, txt, and 6pm nights, and bonus 200... So instead of the manditory $30 data plan that sprint offeres, they have NO FREE data to offer. Well, today I found one, and I am offering my findings to those that have retentioned/jacked up accounts

Moral of the story is that sprint says one thing, like you have to have this, and, well, that is never the whole story, jsut like your $15 compatibility. Sprint has this whole 4G bulls&*t, and how this needs a 4G plan. Its not true, bottomline
Old 11-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

alexrud is a n00b

Well, i'm glad you were able to straighten it out. I guess to some extent I got lucky with my situation.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:48 PM
N00b

identity is a n00b

I bought my TP last week at BB and the BB guy just made me add the $15 data plan to my old family plan. I also checked my account at Sprint and everything was good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro