PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ugly Sprint version. Can anything be done?

I like the chrome too, but after spending 30 minutes inspecting every aspect of the device at sprint today, that stuff is definitely rubbing off after a few months... shame.

Other than that, it's a good looking phone.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

sprints version was made that way for a particular reason.. overseas they tend to be fond of shiny/glossy phones, but we (most of us) dont really go for that look because we hate fingerprints and smudges on our phones. sprint intentionally changed the form factor and look so it would appeal to most. of course you cant please everybody but what can ya do. i actually like the sprint version a good deal better, the back feels amazing, and the curved edges takes away that "slab" feeling. if anything i consider sprints version an upgrade in form factor

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

untouchablez is just getting started

When the gsm version of the touch pro first surfaced I loved the way it looked almost instantly. Now fast forward to ctia where sprints version was shown and I was a bit dissappointed that they slightly changed the color but I was just happy to know that it was coming out officially. But after getting the tp I freakin love way this phone looks. Sprints mods weren't as bad as I thought they would be. Out of all of my ppcs I think this is probably the best looking ppc I've ever had.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Brought this thread back because I, too, was concerned about the chrome trim around the sides of the TP. I much preferred the GSM version. However, I saw this:

http://wireless.bestbuy.com/specialo...52eeef01350af4

Is it me or is this a new version (for Sprint) without the chrome? Not sure what color the battery cover is, but this is great!
Old 11-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevm14 View Post
Brought this thread back because I, too, was concerned about the chrome trim around the sides of the TP. I much preferred the GSM version. However, I saw this:

http://wireless.bestbuy.com/specialo...52eeef01350af4

Is it me or is this a new version (for Sprint) without the chrome? Not sure what color the battery cover is, but this is great!
Thats the same phone. It just looks darker. It's still chrome, the battery cover is still silver.

Nice find though... got me worrying for a minute there, as I was sooooo hyped about the GSM version.

I still love my TP, but I'd love it more if it had the steel frame and diamond back cover
Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kevm14 is keeping up the good workkevm14 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Thats the same phone. It just looks darker. It's still chrome,
Hold on a sec.

Really doesn't look like chrome to me but you are probably right.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

HTCFord is just getting started

I have some thoughts about painting my cover black. I had never thought about vinal dye. Way back in the day with my I500 there were forum members who painted theirs.

Have to do more research on the vinal dye discussed earlier in the thread
Old 11-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800

scott_o is a n00b

HTCFord, do you mean painting the battery cover black? One of my favorite things about this phone is the velvety rubber texture of the battery cover.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Those who prefer the black back may want to wait and see what the Verizon version has- since its CDMA also I'd bet the doors will be interchangable
Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
carvation

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i dont see how some of you guys like that diamond back, thats butt ugly to me, i love the sprint version, didnt like the gsm version and had doubts about getting it, but when i saw the sprint version i had to get it, and its the only ppc that ive owned that someone gave me compliments on and wanted to see it, no one cared about the 6700, or the mogul.this one is getting noticed big time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro