PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Essentials

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohunter View Post
Hey guys, quick question, how do i check my internet speed on my touch pro?

thanx,

J
speedtest.net

make sure u have flash lite 3.0 installed
Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mmsplease is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
edit 090661f7_manilla, use notepad to do it and then use Resco Explorer or simular to send it back into the \windows folder.

Easy way to fix is look for "Sprint Music" and delete Sprint and you're done. This is the same way I change Mail to E-Mail and Music to LilRico's Music
Im using total commander to try to find this file. I can't seem to find it. What folder or what is the path to the file?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:39 AM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogmachine View Post
I have a question about this Old School Word Correction (which did not successfully install btw). I read on the main page where to go to manually edit it, and I have done a few edits before, but in this case I cannot really figure out what I'm supposed to do. (The post about the flip to mute was easy...) Any more detailed explanation would be great. Thank you so much for all the tweaks!
Just change what you need to in the registry and then take all the T9 options off in settings>input location. [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Syste\CurrentControlSet\Control \Layouts\e0010409] Set "Ime File"="\\windows\\compime.dll" and "Layout Text"="COMP IME" - then soft reset.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

should be \Windows\compime.dll not \\
Old 11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
How do you disable TouchFlo so you can update it?
start/setting/today/items.. unclick TouchFlo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP12PREDIAMONDMOMENTEVO
Carrier: anyone

veronicamays is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
BAF...getting error when trying to use your new msl grabber... when i hit the get msl button an error window pops up saying:

"an error message is available for this exception but cannot be displayed because these messages are optional and are not currently installed on thisdevice. Please install 'NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab' for windows mobile 5.0....blah blah blah"

Problem is I have .net cf 3.5 installed...
I got that as well, however, I uninstalled net cf 3.5 soft resetted and reinstalled and it worked.

Edit: Just tried again and got the same message, but after a soft reset it works. Solution: soft reset prior to running program.

Last edited by veronicamays; 11-06-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

itouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on repitouch24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
been searching forever....

how do you disable the phone from waking up when you open the keyboard?

i must be missing the setting or is it in registry?

thanks
FROM THE FIRST POST

You can disable auto-wakeup when keyboard is opened.[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\DeviceMap\Keybd] Create new dword "SlideWakeup" with value of 0 and soft reset. To revert, delete the key or set it's data to 1
Old 11-07-2008, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

webazoid is a n00b

here's how to make pocket internet explorer default browser: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=135
Old 11-08-2008, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

webazoid is a n00b

There's a freeware program called PocketToolman 2 that allows you to do some cool things:

1. Soft reset w/o pushing the hole at the bottom
2. Disable scripts in PIE so that you can access sites such as ppc geeks w/o script errors slowing down the page
3. Some other random O/S tweaks.

http://pockettoolman.clarencechau.ca/
Old 11-08-2008, 02:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

hey, OP, you might want to update the battery percentages link with this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437307
The link you currently have links to a page here that links to the old battery percentages thread... The Op of that created a new one. just a heads up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro