PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Maverick2k4 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Percentage of battery left doesn't show up right

Hey Guys,

I tried searching for this question but it didn't show up so my apologies if this question have been asked already.

I bought the Touch Pro from Best Buy couple weeks back and love the phone.

However percentage of the battery left always shows up like 31% or 35% or maximum 41% even after a full night charge.

Can anyone tell me how can I fix this issue?

Thanks a lot
Old 01-21-2009, 02:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Percentage of battery left doesn't show up right

have you hard reset? bet that will fix it. i have a htc backup cab for contacts ect. for the touch pro, pm me email addy ill send the cab to you and hard reset and you wont loose any info. not on sd card.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 01-21-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Maverick2k4 is a n00b

I've done reset by pressing the reset button with stylus. Is that what you mean by Hard reset?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2009, 03:05 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2k4 View Post
I've done reset by pressing the reset button with stylus. Is that what you mean by Hard reset?

Thanks
no, thats a soft reset, hard reset will take phone back to box stock. sd card will not be affected.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Do a hard reset by going to Start>Settings>System>Memory Click on clear storage. Then follow the directions there.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:15 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Do a hard reset by going to Start>Settings>System>Memory Click on clear storage. Then follow the directions there.
i really dont want op to do that till he backs up info. the new htc backup is very nice. i want op to use it before doing the clearstorage method.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

darren can you send me that HTC Backup tool??

Does it backup everything? manila files, themes, icons, everything just like my phone is now??
Old 01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotgame View Post
darren can you send me that HTC Backup tool??

Does it backup everything? manila files, themes, icons, everything just like my phone is now??
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=54193 read this.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Maverick2k4 is a n00b

Can anyone confirm if hard reset will fix the problem with the battery icon not showing the right percentage?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2k4 View Post
Can anyone confirm if hard reset will fix the problem with the battery icon not showing the right percentage?

Thanks
cant confirm it, worth a shot though. good idea to hard reset soon as you get a phone, imo. you could also get some of tsowens new taskbar icons and use the battery % fix there and get new icons. ill post a screen shot of mine. there allcabs for easy install.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro