PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down ugh! sprint telesales issues!

Is it just me? I've called twice today to try and get the TP. I have a 500 spending limit. This morning I was told she would have to check with the credit dept to charge my account. Just now I've been on hold over 10 mins! I hung up. This is crazy! All I want is a new phone. I've done this before so why is it an issue? Anyone have suggestions on what to do? I talked with a rep via chat and she said the TP isn't in stores yet so I can't even go that route. I don't want to pay for it, I want to charge it to my account.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: ugh! sprint telesales issues!

How much are you getting the phone for?

Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
I talked with a rep via chat and she said the TP isn't in stores yet so I can't even go that route.

The rep is dead wrong. I bought mine in a corporate sprint store yesterday. Call you local store directly and see if they have any in stock.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
How much are you getting the phone for?
$299 after the upgrade rebate
Old 11-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
The rep is dead wrong. I bought mine in a corporate sprint store yesterday. Call you local store directly and see if they have any in stock.
did you charge to your account or pay directly? Our sprint store doesn't open here till 1p... still 55 mins to go!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemm05 View Post
$299 after the upgrade rebate
Thats odd, unless you have a current balance on your account and adding the cost of the phone would put it over 500. Other than that and especially since you have done it before, I really don't see what the problem would be.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, Touch pro 2, EVO 4G, EVO3D
Carrier: sprint

madcowmilau is becoming a great contributor

i think sprint dropped my spending limit after 2 years.(with good payment history) ive been with them for about 10 years now
Old 11-02-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work

Typically, most accounts with any spending limit does not have the ability to bill to the account. There are a few exceptions in these cases but the vast majority of customers with any spending limit do not have this ability. Also, it depends on the department for which you are speaking with. Most have the same ability but I have seen when some customers couldn't bill to the account in the store or through telesales yet retentions was able to work something out. Also, most people who are only approved for three lines or less do not have the ability to BTA. Again, there are some exceptions but these exceptions are usually customers who have had their account with good payment history and the credit review department will have removed or increased the customer spending limit as well as given the ability to BTA. Just because you have a $500.00 spending limit does not mean in any way that you automatically have the option to BTA. I hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I called retentions and found out the new CEO changed the ability to BTA with an ASL. He said they used to be able to do it but the new CEO came in and changed a BUNCH of stuff! like extra minutes, free phones, etc... so don't be surprised if you call for something and don't get the services you used to. His name is Marvin and he was very helpful. Was unable to BTA but still helpful. He said when I can get to a point where I can pay with my credit card, he will knock off another $100, refund activation and shipping fees. So I'll be calling back in a few weeks. I just wanted my phone NOW! haha

PS My ASL used to be 200 but suddendly jumped to 500 for no apparent reason. He did tell me that once I pay on time for a year the SL will be removed and I can BTA then. That won't ever happen! I'm so bad about paying my bill on time! lol
Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I called retentions and found out the new CEO changed the ability to BTA with an ASL. He said they used to be able to do it but the new CEO came in and changed a BUNCH of stuff! like extra minutes, free phones, etc... so don't be surprised if you call for something and don't get the services you used to. His name is Marvin and he was very helpful. Was unable to BTA but still helpful. He said when I can get to a point where I can pay with my credit card, he will knock off another $100, refund activation and shipping fees. So I'll be calling back in a few weeks. I just wanted my phone NOW! haha

PS My ASL used to be 200 but suddendly jumped to 500 for no apparent reason. He did tell me that once I pay on time for a year the SL will be removed and I can BTA then. That won't ever happen! I'm so bad about paying my bill on time! lol
Most of the info he has given is correct but not all. A lot of the changes took effect before Dan Hesse took over. I feel he has done so much more good for the Company than hurting it. Customer Care has significantly changed their attitudes. Typically if you get someone who is not helpfully or rude and does not seem to do their job correctly you have reached a part of care which is contracted out. Every day I see people in the SLC area come into the Sprint Store who works for a company that is contracted out to do Sprint's customer care. They say "I work for Sprint" but unfortunately they seem to be the most illiterate, having no ability to be open minded or think outside of the box, type of people. Now this is just a generalization on my behalf but most fall into my generalization unfortunately. They aren't even allowed to have an employee account, they come into the store and we activate them under a normal consumer line. Now if only Sprint could get everyone on the same page as far as knowledge base and not contract out to so many people who do not care about their jobs or the consumers then the upward curve would become significantly steeper.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro