PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Bounty (Claimded & Offer closed): Copy 1 file off of your TP ROM, tell me how.

** Offer Closed. shadowmite claims the bounty. **

The file is /windows/ezinput.dll. It is part of the ROM and I haven't been able to copy it out.

Here are some of the things I tried (read this first):

Link: How do I copy a file that is in ROM that is tied to services and resists copying?

I have disabled everything and kept them from starting/loading, but no joy. I created a zero byte file, copied over the ROM file, reset, deleted the zero byte ezinput.dll to expose the ROM file, still no joy.

Offer conditions:

1) The file I'm looking for is in ROM, under Windows directory, named EZINPUT.DLL. It must be from the CDMA Touch Pro. The file size is 125.57kB (128588 bytes). Creation date: Sept 13 2008 12:18 AM. No other similarly named file will not be accepted.

2) If you simply provide the file and don't tell me how you got it, it's worth $6 to me. If you got it out of a kitchen, please point the way to the kitchen and I will pay $11 (although I would still like to know WHY I cannot copy this file out of the ROM).

3) This offer expires 72 hours from the time of this post.

4) The first person who posts the file here and after validation by me, will be paid. Offer will conditionally expire after file post, and fully expire after my validation of file. This offer is only good to the FIRST person who provides the file here. Please provide your PayPal address via PM.

5) All rights reserved. I reserve the right to end the offer early and you will only get paid if the file is validated and the file is not corrupted. My decisions are final.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by snovvman; 11-02-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Bounty: Copy 1 file off of your TP ROM, tell me how, & I will pay you $11 via Pay

** Reserved **
Old 11-02-2008, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Bounty: Copy 1 file off of your TP ROM, tell me how, & I will pay you $11 via Pay

no need for payment... I extracted from the rom dump from the available tools to the community. While I'm sure there is a way to get this without dumping, dumping is in fact the easiest way. read up on pdocread and rom dumping here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...s_HowtoDumpRom
Attached Files
File Type: zip ezinput.zip (50.7 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
no need for payment... I extracted from the rom dump from the available tools to the community. While I'm sure there is a way to get this without dumping, dumping is in fact the easiest way. read up on pdocread and rom dumping here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...s_HowtoDumpRom
That did it! This file allowed me to use the lower profile HTC keyboards on the Diamond. When I got the TP, that was the first thing I noticed -- smaller softkeys allowing one to see more of the screen content.

Question: Why is this .dll larger than the one I saw on Touch Pro?

shadowmite, I've seen you do MUCH good on different forums w/ PPC. Please allow me to buy you a cup of coffee or beer. Send me your PayPal email address and payment will be on the way. Many thanks.

** Offer Closed **
Old 11-02-2008, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No need, just glad to help (click a ad at my site if you really want to do something). The file is larger as a result of being extracted from a special module folder in the rom. Normally it's optimized for space, but in the raw form takes up more space. Someone like no2chem might be able to explain a little more, I just know how it works in general...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowmite View Post
No need, just glad to help (click a ad at my site if you really want to do something). The file is larger as a result of being extracted from a special module folder in the rom. Normally it's optimized for space, but in the raw form takes up more space. Someone like no2chem might be able to explain a little more, I just know how it works in general...
Very well sir. I will click on the ads every chance I get and tell others to do so as well.

I'm still very curious--why this one file did not allow itself to be copied, dispite my every effort?

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro