PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600->6800->6900->6950->6850->Hero->EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

5harkology is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Tweak on Touch Pro Buggy

Anyone else notice that many of these "tweaks" do not actually change anything on the touch pro or do not function consistantly. One being the scrolling in the listed programs, only program it seems to function reliably is in "programs".. it completely refuses to scroll in file explorer.

Another obvious one is "clear text in landscape mode". This completely jacks up the text in a lot of apps if you select this option in the diamond tweak program. Hopefully someone will adapt this program to function more solidly for the CMDA pro.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Diamond Tweak on Touch Pro Buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5harkology View Post
Anyone else notice that many of these "tweaks" do not actually change anything on the touch pro or do not function consistantly. One being the scrolling in the listed programs, only program it seems to function reliably is in "programs".. it completely refuses to scroll in file explorer.

Another obvious one is "clear text in landscape mode". This completely jacks up the text in a lot of apps if you select this option in the diamond tweak program. Hopefully someone will adapt this program to function more solidly for the CMDA pro.
Ive had no problems with scrolling working in internet explorer and other apps. You should not use clear type in landscape because windowsmobile has an error, not the program. I think its related to dot net but im not sure
Old 11-03-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6600->6800->6900->6950->6850->Hero->EVO 4G
Threadstarter

5harkology is just getting started

Something else I noticed after playing with settings in DiamondTweak is that I randomly can't answer incoming calls. This problem is well documented as being a side effect of AdvancedConfig. Seems the most likely cause is one of the cache settings.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

EvilBit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
Ive had no problems with scrolling working in internet explorer and other apps. You should not use clear type in landscape because windowsmobile has an error, not the program. I think its related to dot net but im not sure
ClearType takes advantage of the fact that LCDs have Red, Green, and Blue subpixels lined up side-by-side for subpixel-level horizontal antialiasing of text. If you look really closely at ClearType text, you will probably notice some very tiny color fringes on your text, with a hint of red to the left and blue to the right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClearType

Technically, this algorithm could be designed to support both horizontal and vertical subpixel alignment. To my knowledge, it hasn't. It's surprising that there even exists an option to try and enable ClearType on a rotated screen.

EDIT: Correction. Apparently, Windows Mobile is SUPPOSED to support it:
"The software developer documentation for Windows CE states that ClearType for rotated screens is supported on that platform."

Last edited by EvilBit; 11-03-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch, touch pro, HTC Hero, HTC Touch pro 2

d.raw247@gmail.com is becoming a great contributor

i am having the same issue with the phone not answering call now. i nstalled this software the other day and did the tweaks, now i miss calls because it will not allow me to answer. when i hit the answer icon or the send button it just keeps ringing and i end up missing the call. this sucks. i tried uninstalling and had the same problem still. is there a fix, or will i have to hard reset? please help
Old 04-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have no problems with Diamond Tweak on my Touch Pro. The only things that I change are the soft keys and icon disposition to 4 rows though. It has been reported that there were numerous tweaks with the package that do no function or do no function correctly. I have no problem with missing calls due to tweaks.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch, touch pro, HTC Hero, HTC Touch pro 2

d.raw247@gmail.com is becoming a great contributor

think i founds the issue, have to turn data connection off in the tweak settings for gprs. will report back if this issue returns.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro