PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Diamond Tweak on Touch Pro Buggy (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42702)

5harkology 11-02-2008 12:03 PM

Diamond Tweak on Touch Pro Buggy

Anyone else notice that many of these "tweaks" do not actually change anything on the touch pro or do not function consistantly. One being the scrolling in the listed programs, only program it seems to function reliably is in "programs".. it completely refuses to scroll in file explorer.

Another obvious one is "clear text in landscape mode". This completely jacks up the text in a lot of apps if you select this option in the diamond tweak program. Hopefully someone will adapt this program to function more solidly for the CMDA pro.

gobmonster 11-02-2008 12:06 PM

Re: Diamond Tweak on Touch Pro Buggy

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5harkology (Post 491252)
Anyone else notice that many of these "tweaks" do not actually change anything on the touch pro or do not function consistantly. One being the scrolling in the listed programs, only program it seems to function reliably is in "programs".. it completely refuses to scroll in file explorer.

Another obvious one is "clear text in landscape mode". This completely jacks up the text in a lot of apps if you select this option in the diamond tweak program. Hopefully someone will adapt this program to function more solidly for the CMDA pro.

Ive had no problems with scrolling working in internet explorer and other apps. You should not use clear type in landscape because windowsmobile has an error, not the program. I think its related to dot net but im not sure

5harkology 11-03-2008 03:31 PM

Something else I noticed after playing with settings in DiamondTweak is that I randomly can't answer incoming calls. This problem is well documented as being a side effect of AdvancedConfig. Seems the most likely cause is one of the cache settings.

EvilBit 11-03-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gobmonster (Post 491255)
Ive had no problems with scrolling working in internet explorer and other apps. You should not use clear type in landscape because windowsmobile has an error, not the program. I think its related to dot net but im not sure

ClearType takes advantage of the fact that LCDs have Red, Green, and Blue subpixels lined up side-by-side for subpixel-level horizontal antialiasing of text. If you look really closely at ClearType text, you will probably notice some very tiny color fringes on your text, with a hint of red to the left and blue to the right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ClearType

Technically, this algorithm could be designed to support both horizontal and vertical subpixel alignment. To my knowledge, it hasn't. It's surprising that there even exists an option to try and enable ClearType on a rotated screen.

EDIT: Correction. Apparently, Windows Mobile is SUPPOSED to support it:
"The software developer documentation for Windows CE states that ClearType for rotated screens is supported on that platform."

d.raw247@gmail.com 04-01-2009 12:58 PM

](*,)i am having the same issue with the phone not answering call now. i nstalled this software the other day and did the tweaks, now i miss calls because it will not allow me to answer. when i hit the answer icon or the send button it just keeps ringing and i end up missing the call. this sucks. i tried uninstalling and had the same problem still. is there a fix, or will i have to hard reset? please help

jason25 04-01-2009 01:10 PM

I have no problems with Diamond Tweak on my Touch Pro. The only things that I change are the soft keys and icon disposition to 4 rows though. It has been reported that there were numerous tweaks with the package that do no function or do no function correctly. I have no problem with missing calls due to tweaks.

d.raw247@gmail.com 04-01-2009 01:16 PM

think i founds the issue, have to turn data connection off in the tweak settings for gprs. will report back if this issue returns.