PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnymac is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Won't charge with wall charger

For 3 of the last 6 nights, my Touch Pro hasn't charged. I have plugged it in at night when I ;ve gone to bed only to wake up to find out that it didn't charge. I have a feeling I know why, but is anyone else experiencing this?

My guess is ....: On the nights when it hasn't charged, I've woken up to check my emails on the device not turning the screen off. Do you think that maybe it's getting too hot therefore shutting off the charging process? That's the only thing that I can think of. But I tell you it's pretty damn annoying to grab my device in the morning only to find out that it's almost dead!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 11:30 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Won't charge with wall charger

heat could also be an issue.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

goldtoy01 is keeping up the good workgoldtoy01 is keeping up the good work

Did you have your wifi on when charging the phone?
Old 11-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

The phone does stop charging when it gets too hot. Try disabling WiFi and Bluetooth before charging. If that doesn't work, try turning off the radio. If you don't want to do that, try putting a plastic bag over a ziplock bag of ice, then placing your phone above [the extra bag is to prevent condensation from getting on your phone]

Removing the battery cover and opening the keyboard also helps heat dissipate.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Angry Re: Won't charge with wall charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
The phone does stop charging when it gets too hot. Try disabling WiFi and Bluetooth before charging. If that doesn't work, try turning off the radio. If you don't want to do that, try putting a plastic bag over a ziplock bag of ice, then placing your phone above [the extra bag is to prevent condensation from getting on your phone]

Removing the battery cover and opening the keyboard also helps heat dissipate.

Lol, I'll go one step further. I'll run an extension cord to my fridge in the kitcen and charge it in there.

Seriously though, nothing on but BT. This is retarded if heat is actually the issue here. Why is it so hard for HTC to make a phone that is issue free? (overheating while charging is ridiculous) I'm thinking about getting rid of my TP and becoming Amish.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dougm0 is a n00b

I had the exact same problem with the orginial Touch. Is there a regedit or something so that we can up the limit before the thing stops charging. It seems a little ridiculously low.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougm0 View Post
I had the exact same problem with the orginial Touch. Is there a regedit or something so that we can up the limit before the thing stops charging. It seems a little ridiculously low.
There must be something... When I installed WMWiFiRouter, it initially wouldn't even run because it said that it detected too high of a battery temp. (Which was not the case, the device was freshly turned on and cold). Something is making the device think that it is running hot when it is not.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS

pabowens is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to pabowens

Has anyone still had this problem? Here is my situation, I used a car charger for my GPS to charge my TP. Now for some reason my wall charger will not charge up my phone, I have to charge my phone thru my laptop or PS3. I bought a new battery thinkin that would help, NOTHING. I still have to charge my phone thru a computer. The guys in the sprint store told me that it could be the charger or the battery or even defect on the phone. My phone is runnin on the METROPCS network so Sprint reps don't really wanna help me because its on there network.... Any suggestions on what the problem could be?
Old 08-07-2009, 10:19 AM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabowens View Post
Has anyone still had this problem? Here is my situation, I used a car charger for my GPS to charge my TP. Now for some reason my wall charger will not charge up my phone, I have to charge my phone thru my laptop or PS3. I bought a new battery thinkin that would help, NOTHING. I still have to charge my phone thru a computer. The guys in the sprint store told me that it could be the charger or the battery or even defect on the phone. My phone is runnin on the METROPCS network so Sprint reps don't really wanna help me because its on there network.... Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

So you tried a new battery, but did you try a new charger? Sounds like your phone is fine if it is charging elsewhere, but if the only thing its not charging on is your wall charger then my assumption is its a bad wall charger.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc6700 Touch pro now EVO 4G

tiburon2006 is becoming a great contributor

I have almost the same problem 3 car chargers won't charge my TP but work on everything else like my gps so I know there good but it will charge with the car power usb from the gps and will charge from my laptop.desktop and my htc wall charge have to try a reg wall charger

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro