PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Won't charge with wall charger (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42699)

johnnymac 11-02-2008 11:26 AM

Won't charge with wall charger

For 3 of the last 6 nights, my Touch Pro hasn't charged. I have plugged it in at night when I ;ve gone to bed only to wake up to find out that it didn't charge. I have a feeling I know why, but is anyone else experiencing this?

My guess is ....: On the nights when it hasn't charged, I've woken up to check my emails on the device not turning the screen off. Do you think that maybe it's getting too hot therefore shutting off the charging process? That's the only thing that I can think of. But I tell you it's pretty damn annoying to grab my device in the morning only to find out that it's almost dead!!!! :scratch:

darren.wlsn1 11-02-2008 11:30 AM

Re: Won't charge with wall charger

heat could also be an issue.

goldtoy01 11-02-2008 12:40 PM

Did you have your wifi on when charging the phone?

[sammich] 11-02-2008 12:42 PM

The phone does stop charging when it gets too hot. Try disabling WiFi and Bluetooth before charging. If that doesn't work, try turning off the radio. If you don't want to do that, try putting a plastic bag over a ziplock bag of ice, then placing your phone above [the extra bag is to prevent condensation from getting on your phone]

Removing the battery cover and opening the keyboard also helps heat dissipate.

johnnymac 11-02-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 491325)
The phone does stop charging when it gets too hot. Try disabling WiFi and Bluetooth before charging. If that doesn't work, try turning off the radio. If you don't want to do that, try putting a plastic bag over a ziplock bag of ice, then placing your phone above [the extra bag is to prevent condensation from getting on your phone]

Removing the battery cover and opening the keyboard also helps heat dissipate.

Lol, I'll go one step further. I'll run an extension cord to my fridge in the kitcen and charge it in there.

Seriously though, nothing on but BT. This is retarded if heat is actually the issue here. Why is it so hard for HTC to make a phone that is issue free? (overheating while charging is ridiculous) I'm thinking about getting rid of my TP and becoming Amish.

dougm0 11-02-2008 01:29 PM

I had the exact same problem with the orginial Touch. Is there a regedit or something so that we can up the limit before the thing stops charging. It seems a little ridiculously low.

johnnymac 11-02-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougm0 (Post 491398)
I had the exact same problem with the orginial Touch. Is there a regedit or something so that we can up the limit before the thing stops charging. It seems a little ridiculously low.

There must be something... When I installed WMWiFiRouter, it initially wouldn't even run because it said that it detected too high of a battery temp. (Which was not the case, the device was freshly turned on and cold). Something is making the device think that it is running hot when it is not.

pabowens 08-07-2009 08:45 AM

Has anyone still had this problem? Here is my situation, I used a car charger for my GPS to charge my TP. Now for some reason my wall charger will not charge up my phone, I have to charge my phone thru my laptop or PS3. I bought a new battery thinkin that would help, NOTHING. I still have to charge my phone thru a computer. The guys in the sprint store told me that it could be the charger or the battery or even defect on the phone. My phone is runnin on the METROPCS network so Sprint reps don't really wanna help me because its on there network.... Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

ott 08-07-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabowens (Post 1086895)
Has anyone still had this problem? Here is my situation, I used a car charger for my GPS to charge my TP. Now for some reason my wall charger will not charge up my phone, I have to charge my phone thru my laptop or PS3. I bought a new battery thinkin that would help, NOTHING. I still have to charge my phone thru a computer. The guys in the sprint store told me that it could be the charger or the battery or even defect on the phone. My phone is runnin on the METROPCS network so Sprint reps don't really wanna help me because its on there network.... Any suggestions on what the problem could be?

So you tried a new battery, but did you try a new charger? Sounds like your phone is fine if it is charging elsewhere, but if the only thing its not charging on is your wall charger then my assumption is its a bad wall charger.

tiburon2006 08-09-2009 10:18 PM

I have almost the same problem 3 car chargers won't charge my TP but work on everything else like my gps so I know there good but it will charge with the car power usb from the gps and will charge from my laptop.desktop and my htc wall charge have to try a reg wall charger