PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze (HTC Touch Pro)
Carrier: ATT

3DPiper is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro worth it?

Is it worth going to the Touch Pro? I'm using an 8525 now, and am thinking of just upgrading to a Tilt (now that they are cheap)..

-Matthew
Old 11-02-2008, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro worth it?

i would wait till they work the bugs out i had 2 of them it seems like the interface is kind of slow
Old 11-02-2008, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've been using the touchflo interface on my 8525 for several weeks now.. While it is very pretty, I think I'll go back to Ultimatelauncher or Mobile Shell.. I would probably do the same with the touchpro..

-Matthew
Old 11-02-2008, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor

The hardware specs alone make the upgrade to either the Diamond or Touch Pro worth it for me. I prefer a hard keyboard, which is why I have the Touch Pro.

I haven't had any real problems with the TP so far. In fact I've been very impressed. WinMO phones have been needing this much memory for a couple years and it is great to finally get it. The only knock I can even come up with is the battery life, but even its on par with past PDA phones.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:50 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

You might want to wait and see how AT&T's version is when it comes out. I believe it's called the Fuze.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phat78boy View Post
The hardware specs alone make the upgrade to either the Diamond or Touch Pro worth it for me. I prefer a hard keyboard, which is why I have the Touch Pro.
I agree the hardware is better.. The only difference between the 8525 and Tilt that I can see is GPS and more memory (and a tilting screen).. The TouchPro would be a greater leap in tech specs..

Quote:
I haven't had any real problems with the TP so far. In fact I've been very impressed. WinMO phones have been needing this much memory for a couple years and it is great to finally get it. The only knock I can even come up with is the battery life, but even its on par with past PDA phones.
I have an extended battery on my 8525.. I used to easily get 6 or 7 days out of it.. However, we just went 3G here, and now I notice I only get a day and a half out of it, even with the extended battery.. I assume having my messages check my email accounts every few minutes is the problem.. I wish there was a mobile-me style app for WM users that would see when you have an email and push that to your phone, instead of checking every few minutes and nothing being there.. I guess I could also turn off the 3G radio connection and just go 2G..

I'm on ATT, so if I do get a TouchPro it will be a Fuze.. The one I saw in Best Buy seemed so small compared to what I have now..

HTC has the Tilt for $99 on their HTC Store.. That price is hard to beat!

-Matthew
Old 11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

There are applications like that, but I'm having a mind blank and I forgot what they called. I used one on my diamond a little while ago.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro