PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

draganjr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro Video Cable - Build Your Own

Question. I opened up the adapter and cut the blue wire. I plug everything up and turned on the tv, it asked the format type, connected to video 1. But all I see is the no signal thing on the TV. Do I need to remove the pin 4 to? I have a 3.5mm av cable from my dvd player.

thank you
Old 12-16-2008, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>htc 6800>htc 6900>htc 6850>touch pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint sero

kaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good workkaeslumz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganjr View Post
Question. I opened up the adapter and cut the blue wire. I plug everything up and turned on the tv, it asked the format type, connected to video 1. But all I see is the no signal thing on the TV. Do I need to remove the pin 4 to? I have a 3.5mm av cable from my dvd player.

thank you

did your phone say video out as soon as you plug the usb part in ? if it does that means pin 4 is broke, if not then break pin 4!
Old 12-16-2008, 04:15 AM
Lurker

VetteRacer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by draganjr View Post

thank you
Plug the RED cable into the YELLOW spot on the TV. The white and yellow get plugged into the audios (I am not sure which is left and which is right yet.)
There is more then one standard for the 4x 3.5mm, HTC didn't choose the common one...
If that doesnt work, not sure
Matt
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2008, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I tried using the TP's music adapter by snipping the blue wire and w/e, but messed up pin 4, 5, and 6 in the process... So good thing i have 2 boxes of my old mogul stuff, yanked the adapter out of the box and gave this method a try instead, WORKS PERFECT..!! and i dont have to plug red into yellow, i put white/white, red/red, yellow/yellow and it works great... 32" rca hdvt is what im plugged in to... i even tried to make it look a lil professional lol..

Old 12-30-2008, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b

okay so i first cut the end off my old mogul splitter, then i removed pin 4 (i even put in some black tape for good measure is this a bad idea?) do i need to attach the RCA cables to continue, or should my TP recognize it when i plug in with no end connected? right now when i go to settings>tv out it tells me i need an adapter. any advice?

thanks alot!

Last edited by drizzo91; 12-30-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

WOW, those are some big pics............
Old 12-30-2008, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

shdwknt is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by diomark View Post
Thanks for the tip - I actually bought the video-out cable from expansys (they finally came in - a month later) - but the cable is so big - and the primary reason I wanted it was to use with the myvu crystal display glasses.

Cutting pin4 on the included adapter did the trick - and it works *really* well - pictures below. The cover snaps right back on (it's off in the picture..) - the 1/8" --> 1/8" cable comes w/ the myvu.

(slingbox on myvu video glasses = purrrrfect )
-mark
Where did you get your myvu how is the picture quality.. I SO want to try those.. as soon as I get a set of cables that work with my adapter I will be getting a set of those classes.. now if we can just fix the keyboard issue with emulators so they run faster.. it will be on like donkey kong.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b

wow i cant believe i got this to work!
i plugged it into the huge TV at work (over 50 inches) and ran a PowerPoint presentation off of it, clear as day...epic thanks so much!

now i just need longer RCA cables
Old 01-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work

This ebay deal is pretty good. $34 and no wracking yourself crazy trying to get all the parts and things to work. Comes with 6' cable...Looks sharp and versatile. Some people love modding stuff but not everyone has the time etc.
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
This ebay deal is pretty good. $34 and no wracking yourself crazy trying to get all the parts and things to work. Comes with 6' cable...Looks sharp and versatile. Some people love modding stuff but not everyone has the time etc.
Sorry, that deal is horrible ... proper commercial solutions are cheaper. And that knob is ridiculous.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro