PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42636)

Nagual 11-01-2008 09:00 PM

Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info)

EDIT: Now using the Jabra for the first time and it's awesome. First of all, I love how it allows you to put your own wired headphones of choice in it (I have a particular hi-fidelity expensive pair of Sony earbuds which I prefer, that have a short cord--a perfect matchup). It also works well as a mic for phone calls.

But my question about whether it can coexist with another BT headset is answered YES, and that's even better!

All I had to do to make it happen was go into BT (under connections) in the Touch Pro settings menu and then select the Jabra device (once it was paired) under "Devices"--there are 2 checkboxes, one for Wireless Stereo and one for "Hands Free"--all I did was uncheck HF and then my regular Samsung BT headset works to intercept and place calls instead of the Jabra!

Why do I need this? Because when I'm in the car and using the Jabra to send the music to my car stereo (unfortunately the car has no A2DP of its own) I want to be able to answer calls normally and not use the car as a speakerphone. ;)

Sound quality all around is good and A2DP kicks butt...I recommend the Jabra to any and everyone. :mrgreen:

---

It's great to finally have a phone with some advanced BT capabilities.

Since the included adapter to go from a headphone jack into the device's mini-USB is such a bulky, awkward nightmare, it seems like this Jabra device is looking like a better idea all the time:

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT-3030-.../dp/B000XT3L7W

It's also good because it'll allow me to pump the audio into my car stereo's aux port in a simpler way. (No built-in Bluetooth in the car, sadly.)

My question is this: can the TP use more than one kind of BT profile at once. An example would be, if I have this Jabra setup in my car and a call comes in, and I have my usual headset in my ear, would it pause the music and allow me to take the hands-free call like it does now? (I know the Jabra itself has a feature for that, but I'd prefer using my earpiece if I can.)

toinejuan 11-01-2008 09:11 PM

Re: A2DP Bluetooth question

The limitation of bluetooth 1.1, is that it doesn't support simultaneous connections. The device itself may have bluetooth 2.0 but most devices on the market are still 1.1, therefore you can't take advantage of the newer pros of 2.0. It would be sweet to use both but your not going to be able to do audio from both.

Nagual 11-01-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toinejuan (Post 490365)
The limitation of bluetooth 1.1, is that it doesn't support simultaneous connections. The device itself may have bluetooth 2.0 but most devices on the market are still 1.1, therefore you can't take advantage of the newer pros of 2.0. It would be sweet to use both but your not going to be able to do audio from both.

Specs look (to me, a non-expert at any rate) like it might be possible though:

http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/UK-...Specifications

since it's 2.0 compatible and so forth.

Anyone tried?

Nagual 11-07-2008 02:56 PM

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Jabra headphone set, so after my results I'll report back - unless someone's already tried and would contribute here. :)

Nagual 11-12-2008 10:40 PM

Re: Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info)

New review and hopefully helpful info in the first post...

Compusmurf 11-13-2008 12:29 AM

I have this. I only use it as music. Also mapped to my laptop for the same reason. For my headset, I use a jawbone II

one0one951 11-13-2008 12:38 AM

I also use a BT3030 for music and a Jawbone 2 for voice. As long as I set up the 3030 to work only as wireless stereo the work fine together, switching between music in my car/Telenav commands and voice calls to the Jawbone. The only time I had any issue was when voice command was reading text messages, which caused a delay in switching back to the music.

Nagual 11-13-2008 02:52 AM

Interesting posts you two. I've done more experimenting tonight and unfortunately it looks like my Samsung headset and the Jabra don't get along quite as well as I first thought.

What happens is that in order to get them to coexist, it looks like I must turn the Samsung on first, otherwise its commands don't get recognized by the TP after the Jabra is on.

And, a smaller but interesting issue is that even if I turn them both on in that proper order, the Jabra's Play/Pause/Track Skip commands don't work most of the time although it continues to wirelessly transmit the music. I have to use the music controls from the TP. Funny enough the Jabra's volume controls continue to work though.

Can you confirm that with the Jawbone II you are able to maintain use of the Jabra's playback/skip commands? And is that regardless of what gets powered on first? I was suspecting the age (and older BT version) of my Samsung to be the possible culprit. Thanks!

blazinazn 11-20-2008 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 490350)
EDIT: Now using the Jabra for the first time and it's awesome. First of all, I love how it allows you to put your own wired headphones of choice in it (I have a particular hi-fidelity expensive pair of Sony earbuds which I prefer, that have a short cord--a perfect matchup). It also works well as a mic for phone calls.

But my question about whether it can coexist with another BT headset is answered YES, and that's even better!

All I had to do to make it happen was go into BT (under connections) in the Touch Pro settings menu and then select the Jabra device (once it was paired) under "Devices"--there are 2 checkboxes, one for Wireless Stereo and one for "Hands Free"--all I did was uncheck HF and then my regular Samsung BT headset works to intercept and place calls instead of the Jabra!

Why do I need this? Because when I'm in the car and using the Jabra to send the music to my car stereo (unfortunately the car has no A2DP of its own) I want to be able to answer calls normally and not use the car as a speakerphone. ;)

Sound quality all around is good and A2DP kicks butt...I recommend the Jabra to any and everyone. :mrgreen:

---

It's great to finally have a phone with some advanced BT capabilities.

Since the included adapter to go from a headphone jack into the device's mini-USB is such a bulky, awkward nightmare, it seems like this Jabra device is looking like a better idea all the time:

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT-3030-.../dp/B000XT3L7W

It's also good because it'll allow me to pump the audio into my car stereo's aux port in a simpler way. (No built-in Bluetooth in the car, sadly.)

My question is this: can the TP use more than one kind of BT profile at once. An example would be, if I have this Jabra setup in my car and a call comes in, and I have my usual headset in my ear, would it pause the music and allow me to take the hands-free call like it does now? (I know the Jabra itself has a feature for that, but I'd prefer using my earpiece if I can.)

So I'm assuming that you have successfully paired the BT3030 with the TP. I seem to be having some trouble pairing it with mine. I have been using the BT3030 with my Motorola Q without any problems.

When I try to add device on the TP it doesn't see the headset and I can't pair them. Both are in discover mode as well. Any ideas?

Nagual 11-20-2008 05:01 PM

Other than to keep trying, unfortunately no. I seem to recall that it took me a few tries before I succeeded. Also you might want to make sure all your other BT devices are off when you pair. Anyone else?