PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info)

EDIT: Now using the Jabra for the first time and it's awesome. First of all, I love how it allows you to put your own wired headphones of choice in it (I have a particular hi-fidelity expensive pair of Sony earbuds which I prefer, that have a short cord--a perfect matchup). It also works well as a mic for phone calls.

But my question about whether it can coexist with another BT headset is answered YES, and that's even better!

All I had to do to make it happen was go into BT (under connections) in the Touch Pro settings menu and then select the Jabra device (once it was paired) under "Devices"--there are 2 checkboxes, one for Wireless Stereo and one for "Hands Free"--all I did was uncheck HF and then my regular Samsung BT headset works to intercept and place calls instead of the Jabra!

Why do I need this? Because when I'm in the car and using the Jabra to send the music to my car stereo (unfortunately the car has no A2DP of its own) I want to be able to answer calls normally and not use the car as a speakerphone.

Sound quality all around is good and A2DP kicks butt...I recommend the Jabra to any and everyone.

---

It's great to finally have a phone with some advanced BT capabilities.

Since the included adapter to go from a headphone jack into the device's mini-USB is such a bulky, awkward nightmare, it seems like this Jabra device is looking like a better idea all the time:

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT-3030-.../dp/B000XT3L7W

It's also good because it'll allow me to pump the audio into my car stereo's aux port in a simpler way. (No built-in Bluetooth in the car, sadly.)

My question is this: can the TP use more than one kind of BT profile at once. An example would be, if I have this Jabra setup in my car and a call comes in, and I have my usual headset in my ear, would it pause the music and allow me to take the hands-free call like it does now? (I know the Jabra itself has a feature for that, but I'd prefer using my earpiece if I can.)

Last edited by Nagual; 11-12-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: New info
Old 11-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
Re: A2DP Bluetooth question

The limitation of bluetooth 1.1, is that it doesn't support simultaneous connections. The device itself may have bluetooth 2.0 but most devices on the market are still 1.1, therefore you can't take advantage of the newer pros of 2.0. It would be sweet to use both but your not going to be able to do audio from both.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinejuan View Post
The limitation of bluetooth 1.1, is that it doesn't support simultaneous connections. The device itself may have bluetooth 2.0 but most devices on the market are still 1.1, therefore you can't take advantage of the newer pros of 2.0. It would be sweet to use both but your not going to be able to do audio from both.
Specs look (to me, a non-expert at any rate) like it might be possible though:

http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/UK-...Specifications

since it's 2.0 compatible and so forth.

Anyone tried?
Old 11-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Jabra headphone set, so after my results I'll report back - unless someone's already tried and would contribute here.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info)

New review and hopefully helpful info in the first post...
Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

I have this. I only use it as music. Also mapped to my laptop for the same reason. For my headset, I use a jawbone II
Old 11-13-2008, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: "A 3vo named McGavin"

one0one951 is becoming a great contributor

I also use a BT3030 for music and a Jawbone 2 for voice. As long as I set up the 3030 to work only as wireless stereo the work fine together, switching between music in my car/Telenav commands and voice calls to the Jawbone. The only time I had any issue was when voice command was reading text messages, which caused a delay in switching back to the music.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Interesting posts you two. I've done more experimenting tonight and unfortunately it looks like my Samsung headset and the Jabra don't get along quite as well as I first thought.

What happens is that in order to get them to coexist, it looks like I must turn the Samsung on first, otherwise its commands don't get recognized by the TP after the Jabra is on.

And, a smaller but interesting issue is that even if I turn them both on in that proper order, the Jabra's Play/Pause/Track Skip commands don't work most of the time although it continues to wirelessly transmit the music. I have to use the music controls from the TP. Funny enough the Jabra's volume controls continue to work though.

Can you confirm that with the Jawbone II you are able to maintain use of the Jabra's playback/skip commands? And is that regardless of what gets powered on first? I was suspecting the age (and older BT version) of my Samsung to be the possible culprit. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
EDIT: Now using the Jabra for the first time and it's awesome. First of all, I love how it allows you to put your own wired headphones of choice in it (I have a particular hi-fidelity expensive pair of Sony earbuds which I prefer, that have a short cord--a perfect matchup). It also works well as a mic for phone calls.

But my question about whether it can coexist with another BT headset is answered YES, and that's even better!

All I had to do to make it happen was go into BT (under connections) in the Touch Pro settings menu and then select the Jabra device (once it was paired) under "Devices"--there are 2 checkboxes, one for Wireless Stereo and one for "Hands Free"--all I did was uncheck HF and then my regular Samsung BT headset works to intercept and place calls instead of the Jabra!

Why do I need this? Because when I'm in the car and using the Jabra to send the music to my car stereo (unfortunately the car has no A2DP of its own) I want to be able to answer calls normally and not use the car as a speakerphone.

Sound quality all around is good and A2DP kicks butt...I recommend the Jabra to any and everyone.

---

It's great to finally have a phone with some advanced BT capabilities.

Since the included adapter to go from a headphone jack into the device's mini-USB is such a bulky, awkward nightmare, it seems like this Jabra device is looking like a better idea all the time:

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-BT-3030-.../dp/B000XT3L7W

It's also good because it'll allow me to pump the audio into my car stereo's aux port in a simpler way. (No built-in Bluetooth in the car, sadly.)

My question is this: can the TP use more than one kind of BT profile at once. An example would be, if I have this Jabra setup in my car and a call comes in, and I have my usual headset in my ear, would it pause the music and allow me to take the hands-free call like it does now? (I know the Jabra itself has a feature for that, but I'd prefer using my earpiece if I can.)
So I'm assuming that you have successfully paired the BT3030 with the TP. I seem to be having some trouble pairing it with mine. I have been using the BT3030 with my Motorola Q without any problems.

When I try to add device on the TP it doesn't see the headset and I can't pair them. Both are in discover mode as well. Any ideas?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Other than to keep trying, unfortunately no. I seem to recall that it took me a few tries before I succeeded. Also you might want to make sure all your other BT devices are off when you pair. Anyone else?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro