PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info)

Latest to do with this device - I've solved the problem in the above post (conflict with the phone function on my Samsung BT headset) by actually doing the counterintuitive thing and ALLOWING both the Samsung WEP200 and the BT-3030 to BOTH have hands-free enabled in their profiles.

As long as I turn the Samsung on first, all my calls now reliably go to it interrupting the Jabra's music playing (while in the car, of course).

So the only issue still remaining is the lack of forward/back/play/pause remote controls on the Jabra when sharing BT functionality with the other device. Oh well, a worthy trade-off all in all.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

djfujiyama is just getting started

I just got mine delivered today. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. And i love not having to something hanging off my ear like a star trek device.

One question: has anyone been able to get the audio controls to work with anything other than HTC music player or Win Media Player? It doesn't work with either pocket music or TCPMP. Is there a workaround for this?
Old 01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfujiyama View Post
One question: has anyone been able to get the audio controls to work with anything other than HTC music player or Win Media Player? It doesn't work with either pocket music or TCPMP. Is there a workaround for this?
I haven't tried any non-standard/included music playing software yet, but do both of those support that BT profile called AVCRP (I think?) which allows remote controls?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

djfujiyama is just getting started

No idea. Anyone else have this headset and have gotten it to work with these players?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Improve A2DP sound quality.

You know your A2DP sound quality can be improved to sound even better, if you use a utility like SKTools to increase the settings.

Although the 3.5mm jack on the wired HTC Multifunction Audio Cable provides the best audio of all.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Improve A2DP sound quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
You know your A2DP sound quality can be improved to sound even better, if you use a utility like SKTools to increase the settings.

Although the 3.5mm jack on the wired HTC Multifunction Audio Cable provides the best audio of all.
Like what settings, for instance?
Old 01-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Like what settings, for instance?
Using SKTools:
  • Click "Tune Up"
  • On the tabs that appear on the bottom, scroll till you see the one named "A2DP" and select it.
  • There are 4 settings, but I usually only adjusts the first 2 of them on the Touch Pro.
    SBC bitpool: It is low by default (or something not near the best from what I recall when I changed mine), when you select this setting SKTools tells you what settings you might want to adjust it to for your preference of keeping it at Low or changing it to Medium, High or Excellent audio quality.
    Maximum bitpool: It is low by default and can be set up to 80, but I usually keep it the same as my SBC bitpool setting. I'm not sure how much it might help to set it higher, but I guess anyone can try different settings for their personal preference.
    Minimum bitpool: I just keep that as the default of 14. I'm not sure if changing it would help, but I guess someone could play with it to see if they prefer a different setting.
    Use Joint Stereo: This is defaulted to YES and you want to keep it that way. It's really the reason the BT audio sounds acceptable even when bitpool settings are low.
I've found that once you up the SBC and Maximum bitpool settings, you'll never want to go back to them being low again .

It still does not match the 3.5mm jack sound quality, but upping the settings makes a very noticeable difference in BT audio quality. And higher settings obviously require more device resources.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
I've found that once you up the SBC and Maximum bitpool settings, you'll never want to go back to them being low again .

It still does not match the 3.5mm jack sound quality, but upping the settings makes a very noticeable difference in BT audio quality. And higher settings obviously require more device resources.
Yea, I made those two changes also & I agree 100%.

I use a Motorola S9HD stereo BT headset all day every day at work to listen to either mp3's or Sirius & this makes a noticeable difference.

When I am in my truck, I use the 3.5 to hook to my killer sound system even though I could also use BT......

~John
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks darnell. Maybe I'll give SKTools a try - the only thing I notice sometimes with the Jabra on headphones is some crunchiness in the highs, which I don't like. Too bad it doesn't allow some kind of volume boost too.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
...the only thing I notice sometimes with the Jabra on headphones is some crunchiness in the highs, which I don't like. Too bad it doesn't allow some kind of volume boost too.
I've noticed that BT audio no matter what the A2DP settings are does have some odd feedback sounds depending on the pitch of certain tones.

As far as volume, all you can do is turn it up on the device and press the "+" button on the BT3030 until you reach the max. Maybe there are some volume hacks out there I'm not aware of. I use noise canceling headphones, so I don't need to turn the volume up much. (I'm telling ya, once you get a good set of noise canceling headphones, you'll ignore everybody trying to talk to you when you're listening to music . They can even silence my wife until she gets close up .)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro