PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42636)

blazinazn 11-21-2008 10:07 AM

Re: Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregbridwell (Post 533134)
Anyone figured out how to use the Audio Booster program with the BT3030? Everytime I try I get a message saying that a wired headset must be plugged in to use Audio Booster. Any thoughts?

Have you tried plugging in the headphones that came with the phone? I think something needs to be actually plugged into the phone for it to work. Not sure if it will keep the settings once you save them and use the BT3030 :scratch:

gregbridwell 11-21-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 533590)
Have you tried plugging in the headphones that came with the phone? I think something needs to be actually plugged into the phone for it to work. Not sure if it will keep the settings once you save them and use the BT3030 :scratch:

I will give it a try and post my results. Thanks!

Edit: No go...I plugged in the dongle that it came with then activated the bt and connected and it wouldn't run the software. So I plugged in an extra headphone cable from Bose that I had stuffed in my backpack (no headphones, just the cable was enough) and it let me run the software and listen through the BT3030. While the song was active and Audio Booster was already running I tried to remove the dongle and it immediately gave me the error again. Surely there is a regedit about this somewhere no? It clearly senses whether you have headphones plugged in maybe it could be turned off.

I tried without the dongle and just the headphone cable direct to the TP and it would allow me to turn on Audio Booster while I listened to the headphones via the BT3030 but there didn't seem to be any effect on the sound at all. So I unplugged my headphones from the BT3030 and plugged into the cable already plugged into the TP and there was a definite difference when using the Audio Booster. Not to mention the sound quality difference was huge! I have to turn the volume almost all the way to the top when using the BT3030 but it is almost too loud when turned up just the first 3 volume bars when plugged directly into the phone. Does BT degrade the quality that much? or is it a WinMo/TounchPro software issue? or is it not all BT but the BT3030 in particular in this case? Most of these are rhetorical but if any of you have any ideas I'd love to hear them because I still LOVE my TP AND my BT3030 and would love to use the two of them together!

Thanks!

Nagual 11-21-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 533586)
I finally figured it out. I knew I was doing something wrong. Whenever I turn the headset on I would just let go of the talk button so it wouldn't stay in discovery mode. I just held it down and then my TP found it. :headbang:

Now, I just gotta wait for my microSD card to get in the mail so I can sync all my music.

Thanks for your help!

You're welcome and very good to know this--because I just happened to do it right on my own, I didn't realize how. Enjoy the Jabra and if you would please keep me posted on how it gets along with your regular headset, if you use one at the same time (see my post here on the first page for my current situation/dilemma). :)

CaliforniaPlaya 12-13-2008 09:07 PM

Has anyone figured out anything on the audio volume? I just got a 3030 today ($45 shipped from Newegg BTW) and I like it. Audio and mic are very clear, but the audio is a bit low. On the phone the audio is ok, but when playing other audio, it is low. I'm think this might be because the phone and stereo audio are using different profiles. On an audio scale of 1-10 with 1 being barely audible and 10 being ear blasting too loud, I would consider the maximum audio out of the 3030 to be a 3, maybe 4 at the most. Yep, the audio is turned up all the way.

photopsia 12-13-2008 09:25 PM

same problem with plantronics bluetooth stereo headphones- volume sort of low even when all volume buttons on the phone and headphones at max. had posted asking for help with solution to this problem in another thread but got no suggestions. changing to the audiopara file posted in this forum also not helpful with this specific issue.

CaliforniaPlaya 12-13-2008 09:32 PM

Sounds like its either a limitation of A2DP or the Pro. This is my first time playing with stereo BT, anyone know whether the Pro or profile is the culprit?
Thanks!

photopsia 12-13-2008 10:36 PM

this was also a problem on the mogul but since both HTC phones may not help you differentiate if it's the phone or A2DP.

Nagual 12-15-2008 04:12 PM

As a workaround I'm looking for a program to normalize all my mp3s to max volume, although all of them are fine for headphones some are a bit low for the car.

And my old question is still unanswered - do any of you use a headset which coexists peacefully with the BT-3030, allowing both to work as they're supposed to? If so, which one?

CaliforniaPlaya 12-17-2008 07:10 PM

I have a similar problem Nagual, it looks like it may be a limitation of this headset, unless we can come up with a workaround. I paired the 3030 with my Pro and all seemed to work well for handsfree and A2DP. The next day I paired it with my i615 work phone. Once I did this, the 3030 worked fine for handsfree with both phones, but it wouldn't play music from the Pro anymore. I tried pairing them in different sequences, but nothing seemed to work.

Nagual 12-17-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya (Post 584944)
I have a similar problem Nagual, it looks like it may be a limitation of this headset, unless we can come up with a workaround. I paired the 3030 with my Pro and all seemed to work well for handsfree and A2DP. The next day I paired it with my i615 work phone. Once I did this, the 3030 worked fine for handsfree with both phones, but it wouldn't play music from the Pro anymore. I tried pairing them in different sequences, but nothing seemed to work.

This is a bit of a different problem than mine, though. I'm not trying to pair the 3030 with two phones (which is an advertised feature of the 3030), just trying to get both it and my handsfree Samsung WEP200 to act properly while both are on and paired with my TP.

I discovered another wrinkle recently but haven't duplicated the problem again (yet) - someone called me while the TP was playing music through my 3030 in the car. I picked up using my Samsung, but it didn't work, and all audio got routed through the phone speaker and mic. (But I can make calls out using the Samsung while the 3030 is on, no problem - it just pauses the music.) So I resorted to speakerphone since putting the phone up to my ear is now against the law here, while driving.

Kind of annoying but not the worst thing in the world. It would be nice if somehow this could be fixed or worked around.