PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42636)

blazinazn 11-20-2008 06:26 PM

Re: Jabra BT3030 on the Touch Pro (interesting A2DP Bluetooth use info)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 532157)
Other than to keep trying, unfortunately no. I seem to recall that it took me a few tries before I succeeded. Also you might want to make sure all your other BT devices are off when you pair. Anyone else?

I was sure to have all my other bluetooth devices off and still nothing. When it searched for new devices nothing showed up.. :scratch:

Nagual 11-20-2008 06:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If it helps at all, I had the Jabra literally about 3-6 inches away when I paired them (had to actually because of the button pushing needed on both).

Here's a more comprehensive version of the manual than what I got in the package, mostly accurate. Maybe it'll help. Good luck.

blazinazn 11-20-2008 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 532456)
If it helps at all, I had the Jabra literally about 3-6 inches away when I paired them (had to actually because of the button pushing needed on both).

Here's a more comprehensive version of the manual than what I got in the package, mostly accurate. Maybe it'll help. Good luck.

Thanks, I was actually looking at both manuals while trying but still nothing. I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some luck. ](*,) Thanks for your suggestions.

slopokdave 11-20-2008 09:14 PM

I have the 3030 for when I had an 800w. If anyone wants it message me and I'll sell it discounted..........

Nagual 11-20-2008 09:50 PM

Can anyone speak to how well the Jabra 3030 gets along with your BT headset? As I said in this post, my Samsung headset only works if I turn it on first, and it steps on the full functionality of the Jabra, only allowing music controls from the phone itself.

If you have a BT headset that allows full functionality along with the Jabra's full functions at the same time, please let me know what make/model it is. I may want to consider switching mine for another.

Nagual 11-20-2008 09:53 PM

blazinazn, more obvious questions but these simple things often end up mattering:

-did you try disabling and re-enabling BT on the phone?

-did you try power cycling or warm-resetting the phone?

-have you done any mods to the phone that might have affected BT functions?

gxnext 11-20-2008 10:16 PM

Im happy to see a post about the Jabra BT3030 because I got this bt when it first came out and everyone would always ask me about it and I would try and tell them how cool it is. I use it all of the time to turn my car into a speaker phone/Internet radio/mp3 player lol... it's just handy! and just recently I lost the original headphones it came with which where excellent headphones... the first headphones I've ever owned that didn't get a short in them, but i just purchased a similar pair by a different brand.. I don't know how durable the replacements are but... the fact is you can use any headset with this device...

blazinazn 11-20-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 532850)
blazinazn, more obvious questions but these simple things often end up mattering:

Nagual,

i tried disabling and re-enabling BT and the phone. No dice.

I've done some tweaks and mods but nothing that effects bluetooth to my knowledge. I'm able to connect it to my macbook. I'm able to connect it to my Motorola Q to transfer files. I just can't pair the headset.

And for whoever was asking about the quality and fuctionality:

The Jabra BT3030 is an excellent device.

With my motorola Q, I was able to turn the volume up/down, switch songs, and answer phone calls without ever touching the phone. The call quality is good and the microphone has noise cancelling on it.

The quality is simply amazing for bluetooth streaming over A2DP. I would highly recommend this headset.

Now if I could only get it working with my TP ](*,)

gregbridwell 11-21-2008 12:29 AM

Anyone figured out how to use the Audio Booster program with the BT3030? Everytime I try I get a message saying that a wired headset must be plugged in to use Audio Booster. Any thoughts?

Just FYI, I use Bose QC3s and the Bose connectivity kit with the BT3030 for both music and calls...It's pretty sweet.

Also, about the remote buttons, I was able to use pause/play while using the Sprint Music Player and I was able to use all of them play/pause/forward/back while using Windows Media Player.

blazinazn 11-21-2008 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagual (Post 532850)

I finally figured it out. I knew I was doing something wrong. Whenever I turn the headset on I would just let go of the talk button so it wouldn't stay in discovery mode. I just held it down and then my TP found it. :headbang:

Now, I just gotta wait for my microSD card to get in the mail so I can sync all my music.

Thanks for your help!