PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: My Tp Is Slower Then Any Phone

How many programs do you have open?

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

you people need help....are you REALLY going to return the most powerful phone out there because the stock rom runs touchflo3d slowly? I mean come on....someone even said they are going to turn in a TouchPro for a Mogul?!?!?! I just cannot believe someone would trade in a phone all because its GUI is a little slow 1 week after launch. The mogul was a POS at launch.

Thats just plain and utter lunacy. The Touch Pro has more memory than the mogul. If you want it to act like a mogul, disable the touchflo 3d and use the regular today screen with HTCHome.

My god...noone has any patience anymore.

I, for one, love this phone...and would never ever ever ever trade it for a mogul or a touch. Better camera, g sensor, much more memory, better screen responsiveness, better graphics.....I mean its just plain silly to trade it in for a mogul or touch.

My suggestion is to be patient and wait for the custom roms and tweaks to come out. If you still dont like it after then, you can easily sell it and buy a mogul or touch and still have money left over.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!

Last edited by DaPeeps; 11-01-2008 at 11:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

themystx2 is just getting started

My TP was running oddly sluggish today... nothing I did helped. As annoying as it may be, a hard reset solved my problems. I must've installed a bad app or something, because once I hard reset, it's quick... nowhere as quick as my Diamond with custom ROM, but still plenty quick nonetheless. Try the hard reset guys, it helps.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Have any of you tried SkTools on the Pro. There's an optimize feature on there and it has a few settings and one is for performance but its uses up a little more memory But it shouldnt matter bc the Touch Pro has so much memory. I use to use it on my Mogul and you could notice the difference but havent tried it yet on my pro bc i think its fast enough.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsimon1979 View Post
you people need help....are you REALLY going to return the most powerful phone out there because the stock rom runs touchflo3d slowly? I mean come on....someone even said they are going to turn in a TouchPro for a Mogul?!?!?! I just cannot believe someone would trade in a phone all because its GUI is a little slow 1 week after launch. The mogul was a POS at launch.

Thats just plain and utter lunacy. The Touch Pro has more memory than the mogul. If you want it to act like a mogul, disable the touchflo 3d and use the regular today screen with HTCHome.

My god...noone has any patience anymore.

I, for one, love this phone...and would never ever ever ever trade it for a mogul or a touch. Better camera, g sensor, much more memory, better screen responsiveness, better graphics.....I mean its just plain silly to trade it in for a mogul or touch.

My suggestion is to be patient and wait for the custom roms and tweaks to come out. If you still dont like it after then, you can easily sell it and buy a mogul or touch and still have money left over.

Nice way to sum it up. We WILL see a lot of improvements when the ROMs start coming in. With more memory and the accelerometer who knows where things may go.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

thats good thats its working for you but for 4??.00 i thought that it should be faster maybe i did get 2 bad ones im going to return this one but if the new one is the same im going back to my mogul p.s. i dont have any roms or nothing on it just sprint stock
Old 11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Mogul is the same price and is slower than this....
Old 11-02-2008, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

i already have a mogul but i got the pro for my upgrade
Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Ok.. If you don't like the Touch Pro, return it and go back to the device you had before. Then, when the custom ROM's start coming, and even better, a kitchen, go spend half the money that it cost at release, and use a custom ROM on it. If you can go that long without it, then that seems the best bet for you. Me personally, I am almost afraid to get it, because I know I will end up having to spend some money on an extended battery, BECAUSE I WON'T BE ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN!!
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 11-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

I dont understand how people keep saying that its slow... I came from a mogul that i wouldnt install anything but programs i used everyday because of the lack of RAM and I think (I know) the Touch Pro is much more faster than the mogul. And I have TF3d running and as soon as i slide the keyboard open it take 1 second tops for the screen to switch

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro