PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Tp Is Slower Then Any Phone

mine runs fine. It's fast, stable, and I have no real complaints. Maybe you guys just got a bad batch or something?
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

By the way on your size comparisons, here's the dimensions as provided by phonearena.com
Treo 700wx: 4.4x2.3x.9
Treo 800w: 4.4x2.3x.7
Touch Pro: 4x2x.7
so in fact the Pro is the smallest of the three
Old 11-01-2008, 09:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

ppcninjaz is just getting started

the treo 800w is a little smaller/thinner IMO.... i do know what you're talking about. i personally prefer the touch pro (LOVE touch pro) over the treo, but my girlfriend has the 800w and it is super fast/snappy, and never has any lag doing anything. i think you might like it better then the touch pro. the worst thing about it are the battery life (you can get extended battery) and the 320x320 resolution is not supported by many apps.

edit: treo is only faster because its not running TF3d. if you disabled touchflo3d im sure touch pro would be just as fast/snappy as the treo, and still have the better keyboard/screen/resolution/battery life, not to mention the soon to be released custom roms
Old 11-01-2008, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jaytv is becoming a great contributor

I'm finding the Pro to have nearly instantaneous response and it makes the Diamond look slow. Must be the memory/software combination on the Pro.

Comparing any WM to Palm, with its simple and non-multitasking ancient operating system, is rather the Apples to Oranges, don't you think? Or better yet, the Platinum gorgeous highly extensible Apple (TF3D) to the Rusty old Orange (look at it go!)...
Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I730/Treo700wx-800/HTCTP

wrecks is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppcninjaz View Post
the treo 800w is a little smaller/thinner IMO.... i do know what you're talking about. i personally prefer the touch pro (LOVE touch pro) over the treo, but my girlfriend has the 800w and it is super fast/snappy, and never has any lag doing anything. i think you might like it better then the touch pro. the worst thing about it are the battery life (you can get extended battery) and the 320x320 resolution is not supported by many apps.

edit: treo is only faster because its not running TF3d. if you disabled touchflo3d im sure touch pro would be just as fast/snappy as the treo, and still have the better keyboard/screen/resolution/battery life, not to mention the soon to be released custom roms
The Treo800 is very very slightly thinner.. hard to tell. 320x320 app support really sucks as you mentioned.

TouchPro though not blazing fast, but they are all perform the same imho, even the old samsung pictured below.. That being said the Touch Pro is the best phone I every owned thus far.

Here are some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0634.JPG (228.9 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg DSCN0636.JPG (228.6 KB, 46 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by wrecks; 11-01-2008 at 10:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul and Touch Pro

mdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good workmdodge is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie View Post
I have to agree. I purchased Touch Pro to replace a Treo 755p (palm based). I really love all the features of the TP, but I am finding it really slow and awkward to use. I'm going to stick with it for a few weeks at least to make sure it isn't just the change in OS that I'm not used to. The lag in switching programs is really annoying though.
I think that is more of you switching from palm to the wm world. My 755p was really fast but then again, you dont multi task with that os, its one app at a time basically. Palm doesnt use as much memory as WM thats for sure.

My pro has been really fast compared to the mogul or 700wx.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: VZW

m4532v is a n00b

I believe that he said he came from a 700wx. That IS a WM and multi tasking phone. I am also curious about the Touch Pro but I am worried about the speed and "ease of use" issue also. I have a 700wx running wm6 overclocked at 520mh with an extended battery. I have owned a side slider keyboard wm phone before and I am just not so sure about how fast you can type on that type of keyboard vs a front facing qwerty. Anybody who ever owned a front facing qwerty (especially a treo) knows EXACTLY what I am talking about. The "menu digging" just to get to an application makes me think that it will take longer to do what I have to do likeswitching between email and calendar and tasks constantly. Looking at the interface on the touch pro, it looks like it may be cumbersome.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

skreemer7 is becoming a great contributor

You could also try turning off TF3D and see if that helps at all. I am personally loving the change from the mogul- esp the resolution. I dont think I could go back to the mogul just because of the resolution.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

citivolus is just getting started

I had the exact same experience with the TP and am also coming from a Treo 700wx. I feel my 700wx is so much more useful for me with the front-facing keyboard, and is also so much more responsive. Here's your best test: using Sprint's ESN online switcher, just go back to the Treo for a day and see what you think.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO Dos

madzilla is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreemer7 View Post
You could also try turning off TF3D and see if that helps at all. I am personally loving the change from the mogul- esp the resolution. I dont think I could go back to the mogul just because of the resolution.
HAHA! I totally know what you mean. I got my mogul sitting in front of me and after using the TP for the last few days the moguls pixels visually are like HUGE now. But im one of the lucky ones that got a good TP so mine is much faster then the mogul. Money well spent.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro