PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Why when I remove my stylus doesnt my Pro come on anymore? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42628)

fat boy 11-01-2008 08:26 PM

Why when I remove my stylus doesnt my Pro come on anymore?

Why when I remove my stylus doesnt my Pro come on anymore? Help.

***I added a poll so we can see what happening.

Scrotum 11-01-2008 10:03 PM

Re: Why when I remove my stylus doesnt my Pro come on anymore?

When you remove the stylus look in the slot it goes into and see if the switch is still in tact.

dbldwn02 11-01-2008 11:03 PM

The Pro does this??? What da F? I don't think mine does.

MadlyAlive 11-04-2008 12:27 PM

I just *accidentally* found out about this last night. It's actually pretty cool! Wish it would turn on a little quicker though.

Cicatrize 11-04-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 495777)
I just *accidentally* found out about this last night. It's actually pretty cool! Wish it would turn on a little quicker though.

Jeez, lol. From the time the stylus is fully removed and the "switch" is released, it's less than a second. How much faster do you want it?

tsperez 11-04-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 495814)
Jeez, lol. From the time the stylus is fully removed and the "switch" is released, it's less than a second. How much faster do you want it?

Just tested mine... it's somewhere between one and two seconds. Faster than my brain can remember what i was going to do when I pulled it out...
:)
tsp

MadlyAlive 11-04-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 495814)

I actually want it to read my brainwaves to understand that I'm reaching for the stylus and turn it on as I touch it to remove it.

I guess it really is faster than I thought...It was about Midnight when I found out so maybe I was grumpy and tired ;)

fat boy 11-04-2008 01:57 PM

Quote:

When you remove the stylus look in the slot it goes into and see if the switch is still in tact.
there’s no way to know what I am looking at is in tact or not because I have no idea what it is supposed to look like. I thought this was done by the magnetic stylus not a switch anyway. Anyone know for sure or describe what theirs looks like.

MadlyAlive 11-04-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 496016)
there’s no way to know what I am looking at is in tact or not because I have no idea what it is supposed to look like. I thought this was done by the magnetic stylus not a switch anyway. Anyone know for sure or describe what theirs looks like.

About 1/2" from the bottom of the stylus opening there is a little switch. I can see it with the naked eye. Maybe try a flashlight.

fat boy 11-04-2008 02:14 PM

thanks, if your saying there is a switch that goes in and out than mine is broken.