PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Re: Touch Pro FAQ's - READ BEFORE POSTING! (Last Update 1/10/09)

They should, unless they are specifically labeled for Sprint or said otherwise... Obviously, using the Sprint Clean-up on an Alltel device will not work...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

ok ladies and gentlemen... I searched for 'call history', back light, and backlight but all 3 showed no results. hmmm, is search broken? I should have gotten something! But here's my question anyway. Anyone know the directory for call history and turn off the back light? I would like to remap a soft key for the call history and would like to remap a button to turn off the back light. The power button is hard to use to turn off the back light. Also... does anyone know where I can find Michael Knights ringer from the show? Did a search for that too... even went to google and can't find it. thanks!!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:37 AM
joetron2030

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hey all, I'm a totally new to the CDMA Touch Pro. I've been reading here off and on for the past couple months and one thing I have not seen (and I've been sheepish to ask) is when do you need to install a custom ROM (or why)?

I see lots of links to "how"s but no links to "why" or "when". It would be nice if there were an FAQ entry/topic that spells out what changes/customizations require a custom ROM and which ones don't. I'm really interested in getting into customizing my TP but don't have a clue when I need to consider a custom ROM or not.

In any case, if there is a topic that already exists that discusses that, I'd appreciate a pointer to it. And maybe it could be made a sticky so it stands out?

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

I am still a newbie but have flashed a custom ROM. Generally it is to save space. On the Mogul (from which I came) there was a lot of junk that wasn't need and took up space. Using a custom ROM you could get rid of all that. I cook my own using the ppcgeeks kitchen and input my own splash screen and startup wallpaper. I also add in programs I know i want and don't add things I don't use or use infrequently.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

on the TP the custom ROMs also have been fixed in a way that helps extend the life of your battery, as well as speed up the devise in general.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
joetron2030

I have some follow-up questions but I don't want to dirty up this topic if it's frowned upon. Would it be better to open a new topic to ask those questions or just keep asking them here?

I'm curious about using the Manilla TF3D customizing stuff. I think I need that to, for instance, change the style of clock on the home page, right? Do I need a custom ROM for that? I don't think I do...
Old 02-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

you don't need the customizer or a custom ROM to change the clock. just install the cab of the clock you want. make sure you disable tf3d in settings then install then re-enable tf3d. I do use the customizer though b/c I don't use all the tabs and either that or advanced config can take away tabs
Old 02-20-2009, 05:23 PM
joetron2030

Thanks for the help!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebuzz is just getting started

I too am new to this site and also have one basic question (to start with): If I mess something up, or try to flash a ROM, or whatever.....how can I get back to the original stock phone. Is it like reformatting your hard drive on a PC and then just reinstalling your OS & software? Where can I go to find out how to do that?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuzz View Post
I too am new to this site and also have one basic question (to start with): If I mess something up, or try to flash a ROM, or whatever.....how can I get back to the original stock phone. Is it like reformatting your hard drive on a PC and then just reinstalling your OS & software? Where can I go to find out how to do that?
welcome to the battlefield soldier! start here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro