PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 12:33 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How Can I get the original Clock on my today screen

You can edit the task choices to ignore it... when the 'start.exe' is listed in task manager go to start/settings/taskmanager then click on exclusive tab and check start... then stop all but Selected. I think that might be a way to 'hide' it from the list. Also in this area you can set your 'X" button to actually close the program so you don't have to go in and turn things off all the time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
You can edit the task choices to ignore it... when the 'start.exe' is listed in task manager go to start/settings/taskmanager then click on exclusive tab and check start... then stop all but Selected. I think that might be a way to 'hide' it from the list. Also in this area you can set your 'X" button to actually close the program so you don't have to go in and turn things off all the time.

You are the man. That worked perfectly. Now one mor question since your on a roll. As I have stated I am on verizon with a Sprint Pro with OEM Sprint Rom. I loaded the carrier cab when I set up the phone. The Cab I used said it had MMS with it. From what I have read MMS is the only reason someone would flash to a VZW leaked Rom. I have SMS working and GPS works probably better than the VZW does after the hacks. Does this mean I have a fully functioning phone with MMS? Also for anyone wonderin I also have VZW Sync running. I found a link through searching that has a direct download from the phones browser. It works flawlessly. My only hope is that there would be a way to link the TF3D Mail tab to the POutlook instead of the Sprint default mail program. Does this work on the VZW Touch Pro's? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
The yellow highlight for both large startmenu and task manager is a registry edit
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50709
Just leave the start command its related to the manila...

Flip clock should remove logo but if not here is a file to do so. doesn't remove the word "Sprint" just the yellow icon...
By the way I also figured out that you need to edit both the up and down files for each color. I kept wondering why the bottom of each highlight was still yellow while the upper portion was the color I chose it to be. The directions only say to change the upper portion of each bar. Just my observation. Thanks again.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
Does this mean I have a fully functioning phone with MMS? .
Why don't you just try an MMS & see if it works?

If it doesn't, load the latest Arcsoft cab.

I have a Sprint TP with the leaked vz ROM activated on verizon & both GPS & MMS work perfectly for me.

~John
Old 01-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub186 View Post
I guess im the only one who like the sprint version of the clock. The flip clock look tacky imo
i feel the same way. sprint clock is more classy.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Bump^^
Thanks to darren.wlsn1 for a tip on a great program for editing the carrier logo. You're the man.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Why don't you just try an MMS & see if it works?

If it doesn't, load the latest Arcsoft cab.

I have a Sprint TP with the leaked vz ROM activated on verizon & both GPS & MMS work perfectly for me.

~John
Wasn't sure if I had free MMS or not. Was just wondring what negatives if any I have for running the Sprint Rom. I wanted to un the VZW Leaked Rom but the RAR I downloaded didn't seem to have any exe files or anything to initiate the Rom. I have never flashed custom Roms only OEM releases. I don't know how to bootload or "cook" a Rom. I am a "Noob" as far as flashing any custom Rom's.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
You are the man. That worked perfectly. Now one mor question since your on a roll. As I have stated I am on verizon with a Sprint Pro with OEM Sprint Rom. I loaded the carrier cab when I set up the phone. The Cab I used said it had MMS with it. From what I have read MMS is the only reason someone would flash to a VZW leaked Rom. I have SMS working and GPS works probably better than the VZW does after the hacks. Does this mean I have a fully functioning phone with MMS? Also for anyone wonderin I also have VZW Sync running. I found a link through searching that has a direct download from the phones browser. It works flawlessly. My only hope is that there would be a way to link the TF3D Mail tab to the POutlook instead of the Sprint default mail program. Does this work on the VZW Touch Pro's? Thanks for the help.
Sorry, I have no experience in switching carriers... good luck!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Still a Geek

Quote:
By the way I also figured out that you need to edit both the up and down files for each color. I kept wondering why the bottom of each highlight was still yellow while the upper portion was the color I chose it to be. The directions only say to change the upper portion of each bar. Just my observation. Thanks again.
hmmm I was sure I wrote both... I onlyl suggested to vary the colors so you get a gradient or sometimes beveled look rather than a flat look.

RE: personalizing carrier logo... when I use the codypersonalizer to do that my picturemail no longer works... I don't recieve them though they are hanging out in the sprint album online. .. this may not affect you at all since you're on VZW and the picturemail app is Specifically sprint.

OH I just thought of something... you were asking about mms.... you should load up the Arcsoft for VZW cab.. not the one recently edited for Sprint. check the apps/software forum it should be there. That was/is the VZW software for picmail.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Thanks eenieMini. I was just trying to figure out how to use the wrong version when I went back to this post. Thanks again. And back on topic I like the clock in the HTC OEM manila pack. Especially after the help on getting the Start command hidden from the X button menu.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro