PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do we have pic mail with flash?

i can open the picmail but the flash part is not moving. when i go the the sprint website it shows the animation of the pic mail. i did install the flash 3.1 hoping that would help. is there a way that we can open it with pictures and videos or core player?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:29 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: how do we have pic mail with flash?

Exactley what are you trying to do? The animation on sprints site is just that. Animation. It's there just to grab your attention! There is no flash for picmail. As far as opening it up with another program such as pics and vids, someone sends you a pic, you open it and see the pic, then save that pic to either the device or storage card in my pics folder. From there you'll be able to see it in pictures and videos.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Exactley what are you trying to do? The animation on sprints site is just that. Animation. It's there just to grab your attention! There is no flash for picmail. As far as opening it up with another program such as pics and vids, someone sends you a pic, you open it and see the pic, then save that pic to either the device or storage card in my pics folder. From there you'll be able to see it in pictures and videos.
i don't think you're grasping what he's saying. many many many picture mails are animated. when we get those, all we see is the picture and not the actual animation. it takes away from the original intent of the picture mail. it sucks actually.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I think he means the animated gif pics. when some one sends it to our phones it shows as a still image. but when we look at it on the web it's animated..

well some already beat me to the post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

No solution that I know of. Would be nice though.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheinm View Post
I think he means the animated gif pics. when some one sends it to our phones it shows as a still image. but when we look at it on the web it's animated..

well some already beat me to the post
OH ok, now i got ya!! yah, i never have gotten .gif pics through picmail. sorry if I misunderstood!
Old 11-01-2008, 02:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Kelita is a n00b

Subscribing to this thread. It worked on my Mogul, not on the TP. I posed the question over at buzzaboutwireless.com but no answer yet.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre, touch pro 2

IFMISM is keeping up the good workIFMISM is keeping up the good work

i have a diamond and i get the animated pics just fine. they seem to open up in windows media. hopefully it will work on my touch pro just fine
Old 11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

it didn't work for me on the diamond and I haven't gotten one on my Pro yet

Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Threadstarter

riironman is just getting started

the problem is it doesnt open in the windows media or picture viewer. it seems to open up as a slide. I know the sMMS program works. i tried using resco file explorer to see if i can open it up as a default but no good. does anyone know what the picmail format would be? maybe core player or TCPMP might be able to use it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro