PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Vibrate not working with text messages (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42514)

Pebbles 11-01-2008 03:09 AM

Vibrate not working with text messages

Hello I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have vibrate checked off (Start>Settings>Personal tab>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications tab) under "Messaging: New text message" but it never vibrates when I get a text message. I get the flashing light from the D-pad and the screen comes on. But it has never vibrated. I am stumped. ](*,)

It works fine when I get a new phone call. So the mechanism is working.

Any ideas on what to do?

TurboFool 11-01-2008 03:15 AM

Re: Vibrate not working with text messages

Did you install any tools like DiamondTweak or Advanced Configuration and make any changes with it? Might want to go through those and see if those created any issues. Otherwise I'd say you might need a hard-reset and then to pay careful attention to what adjustments you make in those tools the next time.

Pebbles 11-01-2008 03:38 AM

When I first got the phone I didn't do anything to it and it never vibrated. Then I did a hard reset a few days later and the same thing, no vibrate. I can do a hard reset again. I dont have Diamond Tweak or Advanced Config on it.

Are you getting a vibrate when you get a text message?

Edit: I did the registry change/fix with Resco for the grayed out LED checkbox.

meccadon123 11-01-2008 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pebbles (Post 489235)
When I first got the phone I didn't do anything to it and it never vibrated. Then I did a hard reset a few days later and the same thing, no vibrate. I can do a hard reset again. I dont have Diamond Tweak or Advanced Config on it.

Are you getting a vibrate when you get a text message?

Edit: I did the registry change/fix with Resco for the grayed out LED checkbox.

I was/am having significant vibrate issues. First it stopped all together. No Little buzz on soft reset....nothing. Then I plugged it into the charger and tapped the phone a few times and it began to vibrate like i was sitting on it or holding it real tight trying to stop it from vibrating. Then it began to vibrate like it had a dead battery (kind of like how old cassette players use to drag when the batteries were dead).

I removed the back and tapped the phone a few more times and now it is vibrating again. I also installed the "grayed out" fix (before it stopped working) and checked vibrate for texts. I have since deselected that option and vibrate appears to work normally. It still seems like it is struggling a little to vibrate, but it is working none the less.

TurboFool 11-01-2008 03:58 AM

Yes, mine vibrates with no trouble. So immediately after a clean hard-reset, with nothing installed, and the vibration turned on in the settings you get nothing? But vibration works when you get a call?

Pebbles 11-01-2008 04:49 AM

Ok, I just did a hard reset. Let me see what happens. Ok, going through the tap screen to align it and installing the ROM. (pause)... . Ok went into Settings and set the Text to vibrate.

Hmm now I am not getting any texts although I can send texts. The phone works as well. Myabe I need to do another hard reset but I think I need to go to bed and come back to this tomorrow.

BTW I did what meccadon123 did, tap on it a little to see if I could jarr it into vibrating when I got a text. This was before the hard reset.

Everything else is working otherwise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit - IT WORKS. It works now :)

I guess it took a third hard reset to get it working. Thanks for your help. I wouldn't have hard resetted it if I hadn't had your responses. I appreciate it.

meccadon123 11-01-2008 02:19 PM

Wow, i wonder what is up with having to hard reset so many times. Im curious, after your last hard reset, did you install the "greyed out" fix?

Pebbles 11-01-2008 03:20 PM

I just now changed the registry value for the grayed out fix and it is no loger grayed out. Text vibrate is still working.

I don't know why it took three hard resets but it did the trick.

cmilviper 11-06-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pebbles (Post 489215)
Hello I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have vibrate checked off (Start>Settings>Personal tab>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications tab) under "Messaging: New text message" but it never vibrates when I get a text message. I get the flashing light from the D-pad and the screen comes on. But it has never vibrated. I am stumped. ](*,)

It works fine when I get a new phone call. So the mechanism is working.

Any ideas on what to do?

Yep...same thing happening here....Everything else is great with the phone, but not receiving vibrate or sound notifications on text messages even though selected under the settings for text messaging.

I guess I will start over once again with a hard reset or three........

cmilviper 11-06-2008 03:54 PM

Just did a hard reset.....Come to find out, you have to have the "Enable sounds for......1. Programs, checked & 2. Notifications, checked" ................ in order for even the vibrate on text messaging to work.........