PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Pre
Carrier: Sprint

hollywood084 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Master Reset

I called sprint to do a master reset on my touch pro and the guy said it need to be active on my account (I just activated a different phone in it's place) for them to get some number from it. Was he giving me the run around cause he was being lazy or was he telling the truth?
Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx
Re: Master Reset

How did you obtain the phone? As you just activated it, the phone wasn't on their system, is what he was getting at? How long after you activated it did you call?

Just some more basic info would help! Have you tried recently after the phone may have finally all synced up?

In my experience; I went from a Palm Treo 800w to HTC Touch Diamond to HTC Touch Pro and they all activated and synced up in under 10 minutes. I also went online and had it done, essentially doing the hands free activation.

I also just chatted online with a Sprint Rep about a screen issue I was having. She recommended and hard reset and walked me through it no problem.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

you can wipe the handset by holding the power button, volume down button, and the round "enter" button(center select button in the middle of the directional button area) while pressing the reset button in the hole at the bottom of the device. Or you can go to "Clear Storage" in the start menu, under settings and the system tab.

Just make sure that you take out your memory card to be safe, and that you also have your phonebook/contacts backed up first. This process will wipe everything except device programming on your phone.

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hollywood084 is a n00b

Sorry I was so vague. I had a touch pro and I got a Pre. I activated the pre yesterday, so the Touch Pro is no longer active on my account. I want to master reset the touch pro so all my sprint user info is off the phone so I can sell it. The sprint rep said the phone needs to be active on the account/line, meaning I need to have a phone line/number associated with it, for him to get some number off it. Probably so he can pull it up in his system and not have to type up a number in the computer. Thanks for the quick replies. The reset I'm talking about is ##786# from the dialer.

Last edited by hollywood084; 07-23-2009 at 10:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

xconwayx is keeping up the good workxconwayx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to xconwayx Send a message via MSN to xconwayx

Essentially the ##786# and what Major_Nate told you are the same thing and can both work. I can see why the Sprint guy wouldn't let you do it, as it is no longer technically on "their" network, so they can track your information through it.

Follow Major_Nate's steps and you will be fine. I have done many a hard reset though and ran into the issue where I am unable to do the Soft Reset - Volume Down + Enter + Power button on my Touch Pro. You can also go to:

Start/ Settings/ System/ Clear Storage

GOOD LUCK!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood084 View Post
Sorry I was so vague. I had a touch pro and I got a Pre. I activated the pre yesterday, so the Touch Pro is no longer active on my account. I want to master reset the touch pro so all my sprint user info is off the phone so I can sell it. The sprint rep said the phone needs to be active on the account/line, meaning I need to have a phone line/number associated with it, for him to get some number off it. Probably so he can pull it up in his system and not have to type up a number in the computer. Thanks for the quick replies. The reset I'm talking about is ##786# from the dialer.
Gotcha, that way ALL info is wiped. The 786 wipe is the only way to erase the phone number and MSID out of the programming of the phone, other than reprogramming it to 000-000-1234 or something like that. The other wipes still retain the phone number. for a full RTN wipe, you're gonna need the MSL. You can use the MSL Grabber, or I can get your MSL for you. check your PM Inbox.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hollywood084 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Nate View Post
Gotcha, that way ALL info is wiped. The 786 wipe is the only way to erase the phone number and MSID out of the programming of the phone, other than reprogramming it to 000-000-1234 or something like that. The other wipes still retain the phone number. for a full RTN wipe, you're gonna need the MSL. You can use the MSL Grabber, or I can get your MSL for you. check your PM Inbox.
I've already done a reflash and everything, clear storage etc. This is what I need. Thanks everyone for all the replies!
Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hollywood084 is a n00b

all done, thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro