PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Retention Offer Revoked : EMT Dprt????

I understand what you mean.... well, best of luck.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fatlard is a n00b

Listen, I had the same problem yesterday. I had two ... yes two confirmations on the phone with retentions of $199 for Touch Pro. I am out of contract on SERO.

The first confirmation of $199 with 2 year contract extension was a couple of weeks ago. The second came yesterday.

So here is the story, I called retentions about 2:30pm and they said to call back Sunday because they did not have any stock but said I can get it for $199 when it is available. The retentions rep said that he will notate the account. I figure okay.. great news and nice confirmation of the first offer.. but being impatient, i decided to call telesales to order.

I hung up with retentions at 3pm and called telesales for a 3 way call. Well this time retentions said that I do not qualify for a $199 Touch Pro. I was like WTF. I just talked to you guys half an hour ago! and one guy said I can get $199. The new rep said that he did not see a notation. I asked about a notation a couple of weeks ago.. but no mention of $199 anywhere. He said to call back Monday and he will tell me my best price.. but $299 is the best they can offer ... WTF!!! He even talked to the supervisor

If they do not give me $199 for the then I am going to bail. I can not deal with a company that promises me one thing and then declines in half hour later.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman

MaskedLion is keeping up the good workMaskedLion is keeping up the good work

I have dealt with EMT before and they appear to have the easiest job at Sprint because they always say yes when I have dealt with them. Just tell them you have the documentation and don't be offensive, not saying that you would just saying.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.
Threadstarter

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlard View Post
Listen, I had the same problem yesterday. I had two ... yes two confirmations on the phone with retentions of $199 for Touch Pro. I am out of contract on SERO.

The first confirmation of $199 with 2 year contract extension was a couple of weeks ago. The second came yesterday.

So here is the story, I called retentions about 2:30pm and they said to call back Sunday because they did not have any stock but said I can get it for $199 when it is available. The retentions rep said that he will notate the account. I figure okay.. great news and nice confirmation of the first offer.. but being impatient, i decided to call telesales to order.

I hung up with retentions at 3pm and called telesales for a 3 way call. Well this time retentions said that I do not qualify for a $199 Touch Pro. I was like WTF. I just talked to you guys half an hour ago! and one guy said I can get $199. The new rep said that he did not see a notation. I asked about a notation a couple of weeks ago.. but no mention of $199 anywhere. He said to call back Monday and he will tell me my best price.. but $299 is the best they can offer ... WTF!!! He even talked to the supervisor

If they do not give me $199 for the then I am going to bail. I can not deal with a company that promises me one thing and then declines in half hour later.
Its like hit & miss with these guys, one finds it and the next doesn't. its complete BS. same exact thing happened to me but now my account is frozen until i talk with the EMT Dprt which can take up to 24 hrs to call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedLion View Post
I have dealt with EMT before and they appear to have the easiest job at Sprint because they always say yes when I have dealt with them. Just tell them you have the documentation and don't be offensive, not saying that you would just saying.
thank you very much for your reply, im usually a patient cat, or at least try to be. the whole "24 hr wait period" is kind of a bitter sweet feeling. i would like to take care of it right away but im glad it does give you time to calm down, collect your thoughts and get some ammo ready for the "WAR". lmfao

thanks guys for all your replies.

-Chez
Old 11-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

I have a case in for EMT. It has been over a week and 3+ emails and 10+ calls and still have not spoken with the representative who is supposed to help me.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Sprint Family Shared 1500 Min.
Threadstarter

chedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good workchedda_chez is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
I have a case in for EMT. It has been over a week and 3+ emails and 10+ calls and still have not spoken with the representative who is supposed to help me.
WHOA!!!! what do you mean? i thought they called within 24 Hrs.

-Chez

man, does anyone have Dans e-mail addy.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

dan......?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

dan@sprint.com ? :P

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Herman

MaskedLion is keeping up the good workMaskedLion is keeping up the good work

Unfortunately is sounds like the experiences are varied even for the small group of us when dealing with the small group of Sprint's EMT. I know that is not what we want, and I doubt that is what Sprint wants. Might be a good topic to discuss with them if things don;t go your way.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedda_chez View Post
WHOA!!!! what do you mean? i thought they called within 24 Hrs.

-Chez

man, does anyone have Dans e-mail addy.
dan@sprint.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
dan......?
Get with the program, hibby! Dan Hesse!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro