PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP + GPS Photo

Are you guys using this feature? It seems pretty cool. It saves the pictures with the GPS coordinates in the EXIF data, and saves them in Storage Card\My Documents\My POI

You get an icon in the center of the top of the screen, telling you if you have current GPS data, and you can specify how long GPS data is good for.

I wonder if this can compete with GPSToday?

I do like GPSToday, but so far I hadn't been able to get it working properly, (at least I didn't think I had,) on my Touch Pro.

I will keep GPSToday for it's plethra of other features, so I may not really use this feature of the TP camera, but it's nice to know it's there, especially for non-GPSToday users...

If you cannot see the option, enable it via Schapp's Advanced Configuration Tool, or through DiamondTweak.

DiamondTweak gives you a few other 'fun' modes that are disabled by default (for what reason?)
Old 11-01-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 8600

3boos is keeping up the good work3boos is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to 3boos Send a message via Yahoo to 3boos
Re: TP + GPS Photo

So, does it mean that no one else is using this feature?!!
Old 11-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

I'll try it out. Meant to re-activate it after my hard-reset. Does it take a while to lock or anything?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Threadstarter

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
I'll try it out. Meant to re-activate it after my hard-reset. Does it take a while to lock or anything?
It locks fairly quick, just like any other GPS application...
Old 11-01-2008, 07:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: ATT

GPSToday is keeping up the good workGPSToday is keeping up the good work

Hi ScrapMaker,

Did you try out the latest version of GPSToday released on October 31? Not only this most likely fixes the problem you had with the geotagger, it also allows you to run GPSToday as a separate standalone full-screen app, not necessarily as a today-screen plugin.

http://www.geoterrestrial.com/

Thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Bad HAL 9000 is becoming a great contributor

I tried the geo taggin feature and it LOOKS like it works when you take the photo. When I examined the EXIF data however I did not see the lat/lon stored inside. All 0s.

Anyone else noticed this?
Old 11-01-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSToday View Post
Hi ScrapMaker,

Did you try out the latest version of GPSToday released on October 31? Not only this most likely fixes the problem you had with the geotagger, it also allows you to run GPSToday as a separate standalone full-screen app, not necessarily as a today-screen plugin.

http://www.geoterrestrial.com/

Thanks
So does this mean that it is only one cab that I have to install, to geotag my pictures?
I just uninstalled the previous version with the tagger because it did not work properly for me.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Tilt
Carrier: ATT

GPSToday is keeping up the good workGPSToday is keeping up the good work

Hi 3boos,

The main cab is the GPSToday application itself, and then from within that the GeoTagger add-on gets installed.

The only problem one user reported on the GeoTerrestrial forum is that the Diamond/pro inbuilt camera app seems to be putting a zero geotag into the picture regardless of whether there is a gps fix or not. Because (0,0) is actually a valid latitude/longitude, GPSToday geotagger thinks the picture is already geotagged and does not overwrite it.

What we are not sure is if the diamond camera app writes this zero geo-location into the picture ONLY when the GPS photo option is turned on via the registry, or does it do that even when it is turned off (which would be a serious bug in the camera app).

If someone can confirm that actual behavior, we can build an appropriate fix into GPSToday GeoTagger to ignore an existing (0,0) geotag and overwrite it.

Note that you can actually check what values the diamond app is putting into the exif data by using the GPSToday GeoTagger in manual mode. When you select pictures, make sure to uncheck "Except if already geotagged". Then if it finds an existing geotag in a picture, it displays it.

Desktop: http://www.geoterrestrial.com/
Mobile: http://m.geoterrestrial.com/

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo 4G

pacmantom is becoming a great contributor

I like the GPSToday but didn't want to get rid of my TF3D. Glad it was made into a stand alone app.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSToday View Post
Hi 3boos,

The main cab is the GPSToday application itself, and then from within that the GeoTagger add-on gets installed.

The only problem one user reported on the GeoTerrestrial forum is that the Diamond/pro inbuilt camera app seems to be putting a zero geotag into the picture regardless of whether there is a gps fix or not. Because (0,0) is actually a valid latitude/longitude, GPSToday geotagger thinks the picture is already geotagged and does not overwrite it.

What we are not sure is if the diamond camera app writes this zero geo-location into the picture ONLY when the GPS photo option is turned on via the registry, or does it do that even when it is turned off (which would be a serious bug in the camera app).

If someone can confirm that actual behavior, we can build an appropriate fix into GPSToday GeoTagger to ignore an existing (0,0) geotag and overwrite it.

Note that you can actually check what values the diamond app is putting into the exif data by using the GPSToday GeoTagger in manual mode. When you select pictures, make sure to uncheck "Except if already geotagged". Then if it finds an existing geotag in a picture, it displays it.

Desktop: http://www.geoterrestrial.com/
Mobile: http://m.geoterrestrial.com/

Thanks.

Actually I have the Mogul with stock ROM and just tried the newer version 0.9.9.3 and still can't get it to tag my pics.

I might be just me!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro